436Re: Fire Ice

  • wayneschroer
    Jun 4, 2003
      I have been reading Clive Cussler novels for about two years now. I
      have almost read them all. Since I started reading with Dirk Pitt I
      definately like him more as a character. I think that the Kurt
      Austin books are steadily getting better. I haven't decided whether
      it is simply because I am used to Pitt that I didn't like the first
      couple Austin books, but Fire Ice is definately the best of them.
      Hopefully they will continue to get progressively better over time.
      Kemprecos is no Clive Cussler, but he seems to be getting the hang of
      it more. Give me a CC, PK novel anyday over a Modern Business
      Statistics book. :) That kinda goes without saying though doesn't it.
      --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "James" <covediver@y...>
      wrote:
      > Paul Kemprecos has been writing underwater adventure novels almost
      as
      > long as Clive Cussler, albeit not in the the number and in a
      > different genre. PK wrote a series of mysteries in the 1980s and
      > 1990s with his hero and central character as Aristotle "Soc"
      > Socarides, a fisherman private eye, set on Cape Cod. I think these
      > are better stories than the collaboration, but still enjoy the
      > collaboration effort by two of my favorite authors.
      >
      > --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "Silkwind"
      > <silkwind@m...> wrote:
      > > I've been putting off reading "Fire Ice" by Clive Cussler with
      Paul
      > > Kemprecos. I finally finished it and gave it only 2+ stars out
      of
      > 4. My
      > > husband read it a year ago and was very disappointed in it. He
      > said he didn
      > > t care to read another 'partnership' novel of Cussler's (he's
      > really our
      > > most favorite author and has communicated privately with
      us....).
      > How do
      > > others feel? Do you feel that Kemprecos is adding to the quality
      > of novels?
      > > To me, he doesn't quite have the frequent touches of whimsy that
      > Cussler
      > > gives us at times, nor the non-stop excitement of impossible
      > adventures. I
      > > m looking forward to the next 'pure' Cussler novel!
      > >

      > > Nancy Silk, Mini Long Dachshunds
      > > silkwind@m...
      > > www.silkwind-dachshunds.com
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic