430Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Digest Number 90

  • flintderick
    Jun 2, 2003
      --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, James DeRuvo
      <jamesderuvo@y...> wrote:
      > flintderick,
      > Don't over-react. You're talking about a man who uses
      > a soap actor (John Callahan) as the mental image of
      > what Dirk looks like.> No I'm Talking about a SELL OUT that
      is more concerned in Wreck Diving and Car collecting (Both
      worthy endevers) Than seeing "Sahara" done right>
      > Cussler hasn't sold out, but there are certain
      > realities about dealing with Hollywood.> The reality is that
      Studios don't care about people who read, and the only way an
      authors vision get to the screen is when he has the guts and
      fortitute to stand up or walk>
      > Let's wait and withhold judgement. If the film comes
      > out and it's crap, then feel free to spend no more
      > money, but wait and see. You never know.> I don't need to wait and
      see a train wreck if the locomotive is off the track I get the hell
      out of the way I don't hope that the outcome is pleasent.>
      > ANd hey, it could be worse, Tom Cruise could be Pitt!> As vile as
      Tom Cruise would be at least he can pass for a Californian!
      > http://calendar.yahoo.com
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic