375Re: [Clive Cussler fan club] Are you people on CRACK!

  • Deb
    Apr 17, 2003
      --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, travelershome
      <travelershome@y...> wrote:
      > jackman is the only one to do this role. matthew is
      > not the perfect choice by any means.
      >
      > i wrote to every jackman e-club and asked them to vote
      > for him on the producer website. i wrote to the local
      > man here in denver who owns part of the company that
      > is producing. i wrote to jackman himself via all of
      > his agents. all to no avail. he went right ahead and
      > is filming that vampire killer movie which has been
      > done. i also wrote to mr. cussler and told him all
      > the above..for which i received thanks and
      > appreciation...still jackman did not take the role.
      > he is dirk as far as i am concerned. there is no one
      > else who can really do it justice.
      >

      > what i would really hate to see is for dirk to be
      > ruined again. he is such a distinctive character and
      > could really be done well by jackman. foolish choice
      > on his part. mr. cussler even delayed filming so he
      > could finish x2, and jackman still did not take the
      > role. this would have been the crowning achievement
      > to his career and he chose not to take it.
      >

      > both his loss, ours and mr cussler.
      >
      > pamela shearheart

      Pamela,
      I agree that Jackman would have been perfect, but the reality is he
      won't be doing it, so we must go with Mr. Cusslers next choice. He
      had the last say-so on who would play the role, so I will trust is
      judgement. I do hope they dye his hair dark.

      Flintderick/mark
      Richard Jorden isn't available to reprise his role, unless god sends
      him back. he died in August 30th, 1993 from cancer. As for your
      refrence to "people on crack" no we have made a reality check and
      understand that if the "perfect" actor to play has decided that he
      doesn't want to be associated to this role, so be it Dr. Cussler has
      faith in the chosen actor, we are willing to give it a chance. I
      also understand your "anger", altho I don't appreciate being on the
      receving end, when a bogas rumor that Tom Cruise had been cast as
      Pitt, I, too, was very angry and said that I wouldn't go to the
      theater to see it. I think the casting of Matthew McConaughey will
      prove to be a good one.

      Debbie
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic