1347Re: Dirk Pitt series

  • jaybjerke
    Mar 27, 2009
      --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "Tom" <tomtoes2004@...> wrote:

      > --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "Ron Criss" <roncriss@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I've decided to read the Dirk Pitt books through in order. I'm nearly finished with Pacific Vortex! and plan on picking up The Mediterranean Caper tomorrow. I am amazed at how unlike the characters depicted in the film "Sahara" Pitt and Giordino are. Apparently no intention of keeping with the books. Has anyone ever seen an artists rendering of Pitt that matched the description in the books?
      > >
      > > Ron
      >
      > Check out this site for a ton of stuff.
      >
      > http://z4.invisionfree.com/CLIVE_CUSSLER/index.php?s=cad37ad53be93ff8067a1f654ae7d127&act=site
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Tom

      I was really unimpressed with the characters in Sahara also. My family didn't understand why at first until I read to them out of the books how Pitt and his buddy looked. Now they are not so impressed with the movie either.
      Have you read the Oregon Files series yet? I thought about reading them but I'm so stuck on the Pitt series I don't know If I can switch for more characters.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic