1013Re: Trojan Odyssey

  • humtex
    Feb 3, 2006
      We have seen MAX develope and grow through out the series. I worked
      in computers for 35 years. Max isn't beyond the future evolution of
      super computers/artifical intelligence. This desktop pc is more
      powerful than the first mainframes I worked on so long ago. And they
      took up a huge amount of space and power. Max isn't much different
      than HAL, Colossus (sp)or any of the Star Treks... Anyhow, makes for
      fun reading.

      I like MAX!

      Tim,,,might want to back up and start the whole series from the
      beginning. Great reading!

      --- In clivecusslerfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "timmcilveen"
      <TimMcIlveen@...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      > I've just bought my first Cussler novel, Trojan Odyssey, after being
      > blown away by the film, Sahara, which was great!
      > The book has been a great read so far and I reckon that I will buy
      > many more.
      > One thing I did find VERY strange, however, and which made me wince in
      > disbelief was the intelligent computer, Max, which was capable of
      > human like reasoning, and apparently, the ability to conduct
      > complicated scientific tests itself! I found this so unbelieveable
      > that it 'pulled me out' of the story. I think it would have been far
      > more believable if Max had been the director of a lab, rather than
      > being a computer! Does Max creep up in many Cussler novels?
      > thanks.
      > tim
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic