Working On

  • cwhite727
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 16, 2011
      What are your genealogy plans for 2011? What family will you be working on?

      I have started the year sourcing my extensive Caldwell tree. A fellow researcher had different children for a family from what I had, so I am trying to access every Caldwell family on census records. I want to see if they agree with the Caldwell/Boyd documentation I have from the CCHS & from fellow researchers.

      I also am trying to solve the mystery of Susan Ball Cavener Dixon Lender. She may or may not have had children by all three husbands. What were the histories of her husbands, children, etc.

      Then there is a mystery of, what is the history of Maria(Mary) Obert and her sister Anna Obert? Where are records of Josefa Waerkle(sp) & husband Anton Obert? Did they live in Clearfield County or just Indiana, Allegheny,Clarion & Venango Counties? Sara Zagst Snyder died in Clearfield in 1963, married to Andrew Snyder.
    • ellisrn@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 16, 2011
        Hi to All,

            My plans for my 2011 genealogy endeavors will continue to be digitizing Clearfield County Photographs, Postcards and History Books.

            I just now finished digitizing the Commemorative Booklet celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the founding of DuBois.  It can be viewed at http://www.usgwarchives.net/pa/clearfield/1picts/dubois-1872-1922/dubois-1872-1922.htm

             This year, I am also going to continue working on transcribing the 1893-1905 Clearfield County Birth Registration Books from the county courthouse.  That should keep me busy for the whole year:-)

        Ellis Michaels
        PAGenWeb

        "If you would not be forgotten, as soon as you are dead and rotten,
        either write things worth reading, or do things worth the writing"
        (Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanac)

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 17, 2011
          Happy Belated New Year everyone!  I have decided to concentrate on the Appleton side of my family this year.   Looking for the connections of Jesse Appleton, 3rd gr grandfather on my mother's side.  Would like to find Jesse's parents.

          Good luck to all.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 17, 2011
            Happy New Year on new computer maybe I can do work again.
            Looking for any  Pentico=Penticuff= Young= JUNG and maybe even a Benningoff
            Any variant there off of name spoken. Ydna done interesting results

             Early trace in Jersey Shores, PA 1827-9 then to this region. born about 1800 -1799  PA according to census data.

            John was the son of someone. Also need to find marriage record to Katherine/Catherine (JUNG) Young dau of Henry or Henriech Young (JUNG).

            Susi Pentico
            I have many Caldwell cousins but ours are southern PA  to KY and OH and well everywhere.