Middlemarch---read & enjoyed!

  • Renee
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2007
      I had a jump on everyone as I got my audio book a few weeks ago &
      finished it July 29 in my car.
      I won't give any spoilers here---let me just say it took me a while to
      get attached to the characters discussed,however once I got hooked I
      really cared about what was happening to them. I enjoyed the author's
      character development,& capturing specific character's speech
      patterns---particularly Dorthea's father (Mr March?)
      Once again I am glad to have 'read' it,however I am very glad to have
      had it read to me!
      While the dramatic elements seem overdone to my 21st century taste---I
      realize that they are indicative of the author's era.The book
      enlightens us to the concerns of polite society of the time.
      I would definitely read this author again.
      Renee