Re: new member

  • michael_carvlin
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 1, 2007
      --- In classicsreadinggroup@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Fagan"
      <tglfagan@...> wrote:

      > hey,
      > An online book club is a great idea and I look forward to
      hearing
      > everyones views on classic literature. Coincidentally I've been
      > reading and have nearly finished Anna Karenin so I've got a head
      > start!

      Hi Tim,

      I've been a member off and on a couple of years now and I latched on
      to listening to books on tape in my car, especially given a daily 16
      mile commute to work. It's remarkable how rewarding this has been to
      adding to my reading experiences. Thus far, I have listened to:

      "Crime and Punishment" - Dostoyevsky
      "Return of the Native" - Hardy
      "Candide" - Voltaire
      "The Prince" - Machiavelli
      "White Noise" - Delillo
      "Lord Jim" - Conrad (currently)

      Given the expense of the audiobooks, thusfar I have borrowed them
      from the library. Coincidentally, I think "Anna Karenina" is at the
      branch that I borrow them from and I think the club's choice of
      Tolstoy to lead off the new year a very admirable beginning. This
      group is certainly of the countenance of an old friend that one may
      lose contact with, yet return as Hardy's "Native" to comraderie of
      enjoying the worthy page!