New to the Group

  • skysmomks
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1 2:59 PM
      Hello all, I'm really excited about this group! I love to read
      classics, and don't have any close friends who do. I'm looking forward
      to reading some great books and talking about what I've read with the
      rest of you!
      I haven't read Walden since my freshman year of high school, so it will
      be interesting to go back to it now with a few more years to add
      perspective. I'm looking forward to seeing some posts. =]
    • Hal Brown
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3 6:09 AM
        Welcome. I am new as well, and like you, haven't read Walden for
        years. I hope to get to it before the month is out.

        At EST 05:59 PM 8/1/2006, - skysmomks wrote:
        >Hello all, I'm really excited about this group! I love to read
        >classics, and don't have any close friends who do. I'm looking forward
        >to reading some great books and talking about what I've read with the
        >rest of you!
        >I haven't read Walden since my freshman year of high school, so it will
        >be interesting to go back to it now with a few more years to add
        >perspective. I'm looking forward to seeing some posts. =]

      • kimmel_dorothy
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 6 8:27 AM
          --- In classicsreadinggroup@yahoogroups.com, "skysmomks" <skysmomks@...>
          wrote:

          > Hello all, I'm really excited about this group! I love to read
          > classics, and don't have any close friends who do. I'm looking forward
          > to reading some great books and talking about what I've read with the
          > rest of you!
          > I haven't read Walden since my freshman year of high school, so it
          will
          > be interesting to go back to it now with a few more years to add
          > perspective. I'm looking forward to seeing some posts. =]

          I am in the same position that you are. I am also new to the group and
          have no friends who read classics.

          I recently browsed through my very old copy of Walden but put it down.
          Now that I have people to discuss it with, I have an enthusiastic
          interest in re-reading it.

          I first read Walden ,on my own , when I was 28. It has been 25 years
          since then. I remember the total sense of serenity that I felt reading
          that book. I hope it has the same effect on others.

        • Susan Jeffries
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 6 3:43 PM
            Well, I guess this is newbie week. I also am new, and, yes, I love to read books of all kinds. My closest friends also are not much into book discussion...though, my husband usually listens patiently!
            Looking forward to good insights and thoughts!
            Susan Jeffries