Walden

  • scareyon
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 29, 2006
      Walden sounds good to me. I'm easy. Plus, I'm new to the group!
      Could someone tell me how you guys pick books each month? Do the
      members vote, or is there a given list somewhere? Do tell!
    • blueeyesmeg
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 31, 2006
        For those interested Walden can be read on line at the following site:

        http://thoreau.eserver.org/walden00.html

        Meg
      • my_antonia2
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 18, 2006
          Hello everyone!
          Well, Walden was interesting. The voice he used was very personal
          while, at the same time, a bit egotistical. However, I don't think
          that is what he wanted; he seems quite humble in his ideas and outlook
          on life and, feels his approach to living life is the best and
          encourages others to do likewise. Also, some of the things he said
          were humorous.
          Here's my favorite quote:
          "It is not necessary that a man should earn his
          living by the sweat of his brow, unless he sweats
          easier than I do"