Re: Narcissus and Goldmund

  • elo_quence
    Message 1 of 4296 , Feb 1 9:13 AM
      Hey Kim, great idea on dividing the book before
      we meet. I agree completely! Especially since some
      of the books have more pages than others, I was
      going by number of pages initially.<br><br>A couple of
      weeks ago I went into the chat room & no one was there
      yet. I stayed in there but AOL bumped me off & then I
      couldn't get back on. I'm not trying to dis AOL, but it's
      not the first time I've have problems with their
      service, hopefully soon I will have a cable connection & I
      can be on line all the time if I want!<br><br>I am
      really enjoying this book. It is such an easy but
      interesting read. At first I thought I might have some
      trouble because I am felmale & all of the main characters
      are male, actually almost all the characters are
      male! But the most trouble I've had was finding it! I
      had to order it & then wait for it to come
      in.<br><br>I can't believe that Herman Hesse won a Nobel Prize
      & I had never heard of him until now. I'm so glad I
      joined this club, I learn so much about what I truly
      love. Thanks again everyone, Elo.
    • sarahbav
      Message 4296 of 4296 , Feb 12 6:44 AM
        In the introduction, I read that Henry James
        prepared the "New York Edition" which was a collection of
        his best works. Washington Square was not included.
        The book was popular but he didn't think much of it.
        Is this a book of any quality? I guess it is a bit
        like a soap opera. Whatever its merit, I enjoyed it.
        It was also quick to read and gave me time to
        explore other books.