Re: [CRG] Hello :)

  • Tequesquitengo
    Message 1 of 6 , May 31, 2004
      Hi Jess (and all), I live part time in Cuernavaca, just south of
      Mexico City and part time on the Pacific coast, just south of Ixtapa-
      Zihuatanejo, but I've visited Michoacán and it's beautiful. Thanks
      to whoever it was that explained what "reiver" meant. I looked it up
      in the Yahoo dictionary but it wasn't there. I'm nominating two
      books for July, just becuase they happen to be ready to go in my "to
      read" pile: The Ambassadors by Henry James and The Trial by Kafka.
      I'm glad I read the Reivers, but it didn't do that much for me; I
      have the Sound and the Fury which I will read soon, perhaps Faulkner
      just takes getting used to. I'm really looking forward to Mill on the
      Floss, since I enjoyed Adam Bede very much. I'm surprised there
      isn't more activity here, but maybe everybody is busy reading!!

      Nancy

      --- In classicsreadinggroup@yahoogroups.com, "Jessica"

      wrote:
      > > Geez! How many Jessicas do we have in this group! :)
      > >
      > > Jessica (In Reno) :)

    • blueeyesmeg
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 5, 2004
        Hi Nancy and welcome. I did not read The Reivers but have been
        notified by my library they have it now for me. Hopefully this month
        I will read it. I am going away this week to do a course and with
        other reading committments will not be reading Mill on the Floss.
        Hopefully when I return to the computer in a week's time I find some
        interesting messages to read on both the novel and the author.

        Meg

        --- In classicsreadinggroup@yahoogroups.com, "Tequesquitengo"