Re: [CRG] OT -- Homer & Herodotus (Ulysses & The English Patient)

  • Barry Allan
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 30, 2003
      > Renee wrote:
      >
      >am i to understand that the author expects us to be
      >familiar with this scholarly book, as joyce expected
      >us to read the illiad before reading ulysses?

      Hi Renee: I do know that the movie made a lot of people powerfully
      curious to read the Histories, sales leapt up, there are probably
      millions of copies of this book floating around largely unread as a
      result of the film. I hope it is no spoiler to say that the movie had
      various quotes from the Histories read out - that seemed to suffice.

      Barry
      --
      RR Molly Keane "Good Behaviour"
      CR Charles Dickens’ “Bleak House”