Where did everyone go?

  • Virginia Dearing
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1 1:34 PM
      Where is everyone? Do we have a book for May? Virginia
    • Michael Parker
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1 2:02 PM
        Virginia

        I don't know. Just got very quiet and I wasn't paying attention since
        I'm actually overloaded with May reading. If I might suggest, this is
        the month that the presumably defunct Modern Library Top 100 group
        would have been reading Zuleika Dobson by Max Beerbohm and I was
        expecting to read it on my own. Perhaps if we have to May selection ZD
        would be fun to read together? There's a couple of nice editions; mine
        is The Illustratated ZD which makes it even more fun seeing the
        author's doodles and images.

        --
        Mike in New Jersey

        A Celebration of Reading @ http://homepage.mac.com/mparker_46/ACOR

        Now Reading:   (Clarissa ongoing)
        The Buzzing (Knipfel)
        Actress In the House (McElroy)
        Mason & Dixon (Pynchon)
        Just Finished:
        Life of Pi (Martel)
        Choke (Palahniuk)
        Pieces of Payne (Goldbarth)
        Ready To Go:
        Slammarkin (Donoghue)
        Zuleica Dobson (Beerbohm)
        American Psycho (Ellis)

      • jason3778
        Message 3 of 4 , May 1 3:31 PM
          The Modern Library group is not defunct. We did read Zuleika Dobson
          last month and are moving on now. The pattern of not voting for a
          new book in this group is becoming quite regular.

          jason

          -- In classicsreadinggroup@yahoogroups.com, Michael Parker <mparker-

        • ReenJCombs@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , May 2 3:15 AM
            I'm still here, but do not know what book we are reading (blush), I rely on
            the list to keep me up to date on the reads.
            Regards,
            Reen