Re: [CRG] The Importance of being Earnest

  • Karen
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2002
      My 'real' book club read this book a few years ago. At our meeting we read some of the acts out loud. It was really fun and gave a new slant to the humor. Karen

    • winstonsmith_99
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 2, 2002
        Karen, I LOVE the idea! Let's ALL meet at Karen's home on Sunday!
        We'll read, eat junk food, and watch Iron Chef later that evening!
        Then, we can play Parchesi or break-dance! We'd better plan to be
        there the whole day, maybe even spend the night at Karen's place.
        This is a great plan! I'm proud to be a part of it! I can't wait!!!

        Winston

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 2, 2002
          OKAY! Here are the directions to my house...he he he. I think Winston's house is bigger and he has better food. Winston darling are you making fun of me? I know I'm a nerd, I belong to book clubs and pray that Mystery Science Theatre 3000 comes back but I don't play parcheesi. I mean there is a limit.

          Actually we could chat the play! Everybody gets a part and types their lines in and we all read it...oh wait, never mind that won't work.

          Sigh...going to get the play today. Karen

        • winstonsmith_99
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 2, 2002
            Yes, yes, sweet Karen, we could all repair to my palatial imitation
            manorial estate and enjoy the finest hors d'oeuvres that can be
            prepared from Cheese Whiz, Ritz Crackers, and Pringles Potato Chips,
            elegantly accentuated with an impressive selection of vintage Pepsi
            Cola and Corona brewski. When our recitiations of great literature
            are over, we will make our way to the tree-lined and untilled garden
            area of the grounds, where the rich-looking pressure-treated wood
            will serve as an inspiring stage for what will surely be sparkling
            and stimulating conversation, while our 4-star chef de la grille,
            Chez Winstione, will perform his culinary magic upon a menu of
            burgeres du boufe, la fritas du Fran├žais, and roasted corne du cobbe.
            Sounds like a good time to me! How 'bout you

            W.

            --- In classicsreadinggroup@y..., Karen <toasteroven515@y...> wrote:

            > OKAY! Here are the directions to my house...he he he. I think
            Winston's house is bigger and he has better food. Winston darling
            are you making fun of me? I know I'm a nerd, I belong to book clubs
            and pray that Mystery Science Theatre 3000 comes back but I don't
            play parcheesi. I mean there is a limit.

            > Actually we could chat the play! Everybody gets a part and types
            their lines in and we all read it...oh wait, never mind that won't
            work.

            > Sigh...going to get the play today. Karen

          • toasteroven515
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 3, 2002
              And I'll bring the pate de spam. Karen