Final thoughts - Bleak House

  • janillabean
    Message 1 of 4296 , Jan 2, 2002
      Hi Everyone, <br><br>Does anyone have any final
      thoughts they'd like to post about Dickens and The Bleak
      House? I chose to not read this choice; December was far
      to busy for me to experience a Dickens' novel.
      immensly so far (all 30 pages of it that I've read).
      happy New Year. <br><br>janillabean
    • sarahbav
      Message 4296 of 4296 , Feb 12, 2002
        In the introduction, I read that Henry James
        prepared the "New York Edition" which was a collection of
        his best works. Washington Square was not included.
        The book was popular but he didn't think much of it.
        Is this a book of any quality? I guess it is a bit
        like a soap opera. Whatever its merit, I enjoyed it.
        It was also quick to read and gave me time to
        explore other books.