Re: Got the book

  • toasteroven515
    Message 1 of 4296 , Aug 2, 2001
      We used to try to read 1/4 of the book each week
      to keep at the same pace but it seems like we all
      read at our own pace now. You can post about any part
      but please put what chapter in your subject and warn
      people if you are going to talk about a major plot point
      so readers who aren't there yet don't have it
    • sarahbav
      Message 4296 of 4296 , Feb 12, 2002
        In the introduction, I read that Henry James
        prepared the "New York Edition" which was a collection of
        his best works. Washington Square was not included.
        The book was popular but he didn't think much of it.
        Is this a book of any quality? I guess it is a bit
        like a soap opera. Whatever its merit, I enjoyed it.
        It was also quick to read and gave me time to
        explore other books.