Re: Connecticut Yankee Baseball

  • jenilla7
    Message 1 of 4296 , Feb 1, 2001
      minor spoilers - just general
      observations<br><br>I read the book a couple of years ago and from my
      memory I found that even though Twain is pretty critical
      of the "old world" and making out that the American
      man is capable of everything. It's still a lot of
      satire in it and mockery of that very same type. Perhaps
      this will mainly become evident later in the book.
    • sarahbav
      Message 4296 of 4296 , Feb 12, 2002
        In the introduction, I read that Henry James
        prepared the "New York Edition" which was a collection of
        his best works. Washington Square was not included.
        The book was popular but he didn't think much of it.
        Is this a book of any quality? I guess it is a bit
        like a soap opera. Whatever its merit, I enjoyed it.
        It was also quick to read and gave me time to
        explore other books.