Native Son

  • mia9697
    Message 1 of 4296 , Dec 1 7:55 AM
      I am hoping to start Native Son either this
      weekend or early next week. I was headed to the library
      to pick up a copy when I realized that I actually
      own one already! I must have bought it at Half Price
      Books or maybe a garage sale, LOL...<br><br>Looking
      forward to the discussion!<br>Melissa
    • sarahbav
      Message 4296 of 4296 , Feb 12, 2002
        In the introduction, I read that Henry James
        prepared the "New York Edition" which was a collection of
        his best works. Washington Square was not included.
        The book was popular but he didn't think much of it.
        Is this a book of any quality? I guess it is a bit
        like a soap opera. Whatever its merit, I enjoyed it.
        It was also quick to read and gave me time to
        explore other books.