Re: Finishing other business

  • gilhorn
    Message 1 of 4296 , May 1, 2000
      Deb,<br>I would have to say it's hard to choose
      just one. I'm torn between "The Deerslayer" and "The
      Last of the Mohicans". The incredible rate of events
      and unrelenting edge of your seat cliffhangers AND,
      the crushing emotional endings(I'll admit to crying
      at the end of both)!.<br>It just doesn't get better
      than this(Do ya think that this was the
      action-adventure precursor to all the movies of the last 20 or so
      years?)<br>Gil
    • sarahbav
      Message 4296 of 4296 , Feb 12, 2002
        In the introduction, I read that Henry James
        prepared the "New York Edition" which was a collection of
        his best works. Washington Square was not included.
        The book was popular but he didn't think much of it.
        Is this a book of any quality? I guess it is a bit
        like a soap opera. Whatever its merit, I enjoyed it.
        It was also quick to read and gave me time to
        explore other books.