1969 Frolic needs something to pull it

  • couchjareb
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2002
      Hi all:

      We have a 1969 Frolic. It is 15ft. stem to stern. Since we were
      thinking of buying a second vehicle to pull this little 900lb. gem, I
      was wondering if anyone here knew what one would have pulled it with
      in 1969.

      Also, while I've got your attention, this little puppy is held
      together with some funky little screws, the heads of which don't have
      a slot, but a... funny little oblong hole. The body is aluminum and
      could be beautiful were it not for these nasty little rusty screws all
      over it. Am I crazy even to consider removing them and replacing them
      with something non-rusting? I know I have to remove at least some of
      them to re-seal the windows and the casings around the running lights.

      Any suggestions?

      Thanks,

      Annette.
    • Tom Patterson
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2002
        You might want to try replacing the screws with Olympic rivets. They are a pop type rivet which will require a tool to shave the heads after they are installed, but the appearance is great!
        Take a look at them holding on the furnace vent on my 22' Streamline on this page. http://www.tompatterson.com/Streamline/Messages/discus/messages/3/8.html

        -Tom

        We have a 1969 Frolic. It is 15ft. stem to stern. Since we were
        thinking of buying a second vehicle to pull this little 900lb. gem, I
        was wondering if anyone here knew what one would have pulled it with
        in 1969.

        Also, while I've got your attention, this little puppy is held
        together with some funky little screws, the heads of which don't have
        a slot, but a... funny little oblong hole. The body is aluminum and
        could be beautiful were it not for these nasty little rusty screws all
        over it. Am I crazy even to consider removing them and replacing them
        with something non-rusting? I know I have to remove at least some of
        them to re-seal the windows and the casings around the running lights.

        Any suggestions?

        Thanks,

        Annette.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • rwolffy
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3, 2002
          I think the screws you have are called "clutchhead" you can get a
          screwdriver at this link
          http://www.skywaytools.com/Clutchhead.html

          --- In classicrv@y..., "Tom Patterson" <pattersontom@m...> wrote:
          > You might want to try replacing the screws with Olympic
          rivets. They are a pop type rivet which will require a tool to shave
          the heads after they are installed, but the appearance is great!
          > Take a look at them holding on the furnace vent on my 22'
          Streamline on this page.
          http://www.tompatterson.com/Streamline/Messages/discus/messages/3/8.ht
          ml

          > -Tom