underbody LP tank

  • richard_j_fern
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1 8:53 AM
      Can anyone recomend a place to get a new underbody LP tank for my '71?
      I want to replace it because it is 30 years old and I think it is leaking. Thanks!
    • laurawinsworth@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1 10:57 AM
        Don't know about the area you live in, but here in the boonies of central
        Oklahoma our local propane dealer repaired a leak in our old 1979 Fleetwood
        Flair. According to my husband, the technician said they have to order in
        the tanks for RV's, but they will replace them. Also, the RV dealers in OKC
        will replace the tanks, but they charge 10x what the propane dealer quoted.
        Don't remember how much hubby says it would have cost to replace the tank,
        but it was about $60 to replace the leaking fittings and hoses...
      • riolobojm
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1 1:01 PM
          I just converted my to 5 gallon bottle.
          They wanted $359.99 for new tank uninstalled.
          Just have to remember not to drive off with it hook up.
          Will replace it later. Would like to fine another way.
          I don't like the tank hang down under the unit. Because I do mostly
          off road camping, Boondocking. Always worry about hitting it on
          something.

          Good luck
          Riolobo