Re: Hi All

  • riolobojm
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 28, 2002
      Thanks for the info that more than I been able get. Still have not
      gottena return call of that number and he only 100 miles from me.
      That price is little more than I willing to paid right now. I did
      print out your post and checked the web site and saved it.The house
      is sold, the motorhome almost loaded. The phone will be turned off
      Monday. Their few days is a lot to late because I'm hitting the road.

      Riolobo
    • wrdavis95370
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 13, 2002
        Here's the answer from the FCC about aiming satellite internet
        antennas. Reading between the lines, sounds like to be a pro aimer,
        I'd need either Hughes or Spacenet to approve me. I bet to be
        approved; would cost more than the $200 install fee.
        Thank you for your inquiry.

        At this time, two companies are licensed by the FCC's International
        Bureau to provide Broadband Access DirecPC service: Spacenet
        Services & Hughes Electronics.

        Under terms of their license, Spacenet & Hughes must have these
        dishes professionally installed.

        Consumers cannot install the dish themselves because precaution has
        to be taken to ensure compliance with FCC guidelines for exposure to
        RF (radio-frequency) radiation. The licensee takes full
        responsibility for installation compliance.

        It is up to the company to decide whether they will charge the
        customer an installation fee or not.

        Installation is limited to FIXED locations. Mobile communications,
        such as on an RV, are not allowed because of the RF exposure
        limitations.

        Thank you,
        CAMS 27
        FCC, GCC, Gettysburg PA
        Bill Davis
        20''78 The Establishmnet
      • ljh6272001
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 6, 2003
          we're newbies this year and have been refurbishing an '83--16'
          Triple-E TT all summer. It's almost ready to go (next week for a
          weekend maybe). It's not finished but it's serviceable. When I
          brought it home Lynda took one look at the "facilities" and said NO
          WAY! I have replaced the toilet and black tank and replumbed
          everything. The old one had a direct-dump(no tank). That was not fun.
          especially when the rotten floor underneath went all the way to the
          other side and up the wall. All rebuilt now. Without the help of
          this groups 'past posts' and sage advice that I have been using all
          summer, I would have taken it down to the bay to see if it would
          float. (LOL). The final 'fix' has turned out to be the clearance
          lights. When I brought it home everything was in order. To day I
          decided to double check, every dam one of them needed attention. The
          bulbs were so corroded that I broke all but one trying to get them
          out of the socket. I'l have to replace two units,the ground was so
          bad there was only 2 volts getting to the bulb and I can't get it
          clean. When I get new bulbs installed, I intend to coat them with
          vaseline I reacon if it works on battery posts, it will work on bulb
          sockets (?) I hope so, I don't want to do this every year. Sorry to
          be so long winded, I guess I needed to vent/crow.
          Thanks again...Len
        • LeAnna
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 6, 2003
            Hi Len & Lynda~
            Just wanted to say hello and wish you a wonderful first trip out in
            your "new" TT. It sounds as though you've been working hard enough
            that you deserve a weekend to sit back and enjoy your efforts!
            LeAnna & Mark