Quick Connect water hose fittings

  • wrdavis95370
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2002
      I have installed quick connect fittings for all my water hose
      fittings on the RV as well as the house. Always bought them from my
      local h/w store (Orchard Supply Hardware). But they just changed to
      a different brand that didn't fit my old type. I was NOT happy. I
      had just purchased another hose and needed more fittings so I could
      hook it to my old one.

      So I emailed OSH my complaint about the the new ones verus old ones.
      To my surprise, they emailed back and said to bring in all my old
      fittings, and they would (at no charge) replace them all with the new
      ones. So should get 10+ free sets tomorrow. BTW, the new ones look
      better anyway. Come with Female or Male threads for either end. The
      old ones forced me to buy the more expensive piece for things I swap
      out, like nozzles. Now I can use the cheaper side. However I do
      plan to buy enough spares to cover for future "improvements" from the
      store.

      If anyone is having a similar problem, maybe an email complaint can
      do something.

      Bill Davis
    • bamnc
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 31, 2002
        Bill and group, FWIW I also put quick disconnect fittings on my hose
        connections for the Bird and the house.

        I found some that I really liked at WalMart. They are brass and seem
        to be very well made. I don't remember the cost, but do remember
        that they were cheaper than any other non-plastic connectors I could
        find.

        They slip together very easily and don't leak . . . what else could
        one want?

        Regards, Bruce in Raleigh, NC KI4ME
        1983 35FC-RB Wanderlodge
        FMCA 7142s - WL 3910 - GoodSam
        http://www.geocities.com/bamnc/mypage.html
      • nascarsix66
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2002
          I work for a pressure washer parts disturbution company and we stock
          the hanson quick connect couplers. This is what I have on my Travco,
          if you ever have problem finding them just let me know, we have boxes
          of these things and they are almost next to nothing