Re: [classicrv] Re: Torque values

  • Dawn Maurer
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 2, 2002
      i wish he lived near by in Pa so he could go to the garage peek at the engine and chat with my mechanic. Dawn
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 2, 2002
        OK Thanks to everyone. I knew that if I asked I would find the long
        gone experts out there. I also posted in another site. One email
        come back this way " Start in the center of the bolts at 40 ft. lbs.
        and work your way to the outside ones with lesser torque " He had a
        manual for 454 Chevy. Motorhomes, which had a subject for warpage.
        Rob, what do you , or anyone else think???? I did not want to tie up
        the group chat room so much, but this must be a " HOT " topic . (
        joke)

        --- In classicrv@y..., Rob Sandera at Webatola <rob@o...> wrote:
        > bobalou12000 wrote:
        > >
        > > --- In classicrv@y..., "raas32" <raas32@y...> wrote:
        > > > -Mal
        > > > I've been using double gaskets since my old days in a figure 8
        > > stock
        > > > car and never had a problem. Mal don't believe every thing you
        > > read.
        > > > Bobby Smith
        > >
        > > Bobby,
        > >
        > > Other than the financial benifit to the stock holders of the
        company
        > > that you buy your gaskets from, what are the scientific benifits
        for
        > > doubling up gaskets? Please explaine it to all of us.
        > > Thats a fact Jack! Bob.
        > >
        > It is a common practice of racers to use double gaskets on things.
        > had a 427 L88 that ran double head gaskets because of excessive
        block
        > decking brought the gaskets brought the geometry back right as to
        not
        > mill the manifold. I learned that when I was 16 by another racer.
        > had 13 to one compression ran aviation fuel and cranked over 7000
        RPM