work on the road

  • austin macmillan
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 30, 2001
      sue and I have been on the road for 6 years now and we
      are finding it hard to work or maybe just fine work.We
      are with workamper.Can anyone help?Not with work but
      were to go and who to see. thanks Mac

      http://phone.yahoo.com
    • austin macmillan
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 11, 2001
        hi guys susan and I have been on the road for 6
        years and we want to do it all the time.Can anyone
        help us fine work on the road. We have and add in
        workamper news. But there should some place we can
        look. thanks mac

        Find a job, post your resume.
        http://careers.yahoo.com
      • Rob Sandera at Webatola
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 11, 2001
          austin macmillan wrote:

          > hi guys susan and I have been on the road for 6
          > years and we want to do it all the time.Can anyone
          > help us fine work on the road. We have and add in
          > workamper news. But there should some place we can
          > look. thanks mac

          First of all what part of the country do you travel. I may have
          computer work editing text later on but for now I bought an old farm in
          northwestern PA that used to be a campground. I havent moved there yet
          but it is in extremely poor shape grown up and was timbered some but
          the property was beautiful. I have to put the electric back in but
          there are spots where there are hookups for electric and water and the
          camp part basically just needs mowed.

          Actually the place was the reason I got my motor home because the house
          sort of looks like a birdhouse hit by a nuclear bomb LOL! Anyway the
          place is loaded with hills, apple trees, spring water, 2 fish ponds
          (that could use a little cleaning out) and I plan on putting a pool back
          in. The vehicle of choice to relax tooling around on will be a six
          wheeler or Giant Golfcar. There is hundreds of acres here and 3
          quarters mile of streams.

          I camped at this place when I was 12-18 years old. I will have some
          work maintaining grounds, gardens, driving large lawn equipment, and
          burning brush from timbered trees and maybe taking care of other campers
          as I allot of old friends still want to camp there.

          Actually anyone that wants to come out there once I have things
          happening is welcome and could probably camp for free if they drive a
          tractor around or something keeping things nice playing farmboy or
          girl. I may also have some detailing work cleaning and waxing campers.
          I’ve enjoyed working on mine and may want to restore a few during the
          year to sell to someone looking for a reasonable priced unit. I may
          also have gardening spots for campers. The place is just kind of a
          great place to relax.

          The pictures load slow but you can see some of the woods and small pond
          at http://webatola.net/robshouse/

          I don’t know if that’s anything that would interest anybody but if ya
          like RVs and the lifestyle ya get to meet allot of other good people
          have fun etc.

          When I was a kid we went with a truck camper and I also camped out with
          a tent by the river. There were always bond fires, parties etc. And we
          roughed it burning eggs over a fire pit etc. I still make jokes about
          that today 30 years later.

          Sincerely,
          Rob Sandera
        • Dave
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 11, 2001
            You can always look at workcampers.com they have a listing of jobs also try
            national parks. each park has volunteers which they will give you free
            hookup in exchange for working in the park.

          • Ron
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 11, 2001
              > The pictures load slow but you can see some of the woods and small pond

              It's really nice... any fish in that creek? I went fishing today and am
              dragging tonight.
              Ron
            • Rob Sandera at Webatola
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 11, 2001
                Ron wrote:

                > > The pictures load slow but you can see some of the woods and small
                > pond
                > >
                > It's really nice... any fish in that creek? I went fishing today and
                > am
                > dragging tonight.
                > Ron
                Ya there’s some fish in there in some places. I hope to have a trout
                pond as there are allot of natural springs flowing down into the
                valley. I need to check with the state on some things. I live in
                Michigan now. Wish I could have wenbt fishen today. Sounds like fun.
                --
                Sincerely,
                Rob Sandera
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 30, 2001
                  Hi guys well we are still looking for work on the
                  road. C an anyone help I am looking for any web sites
                  that will help thanks Mac

                  http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1
                • raas32@yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 30, 2001
                    Austin

                    Have you tried any work force jobs?
                    most cities have them. You just show up at the work force office
                    early morning [5:30am] and they will tell you where you can go work
                    for the day.
                    you be working in a factory or construction or washing dishes etc.

                    the jobs usually pay around 40 dollars a day and your paid in cash at
                    the end of the day. might help till you can find something more
                    permenant.

                    Good Luck

                    Lisa Smith
                  • austin macmillan
                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 1, 2001
                      --- raas32@... wrote:
                      > Austin
                      >
                      > Have you tried any work force jobs?
                      > most cities have them. You just show up at the work
                      > force office
                      > early morning [5:30am] and they will tell you where
                      > you can go work
                      > for the day.
                      > you be working in a factory or construction or
                      > washing dishes etc.
                      >
                      > the jobs usually pay around 40 dollars a day and
                      > your paid in cash at
                      > the end of the day. might help till you can find
                      > something more
                      > permenant.
                      >
                      > Good Luck
                      >
                      > Lisa Smith

                      Hi Lisa Well I have tried that and it just didn't work
                      for me. It would have been ok if I was payed from 5:30
                      but no you don't get payed until you get to the job
                      and that was about 10:00 and only worked until 5:00
                      and that is not very much money.But thanks anyways Mac

                      http://shopping.yahoo.com
                    • austin macmillan
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 27, 2002
                        Well got a job for the summer and that is great it is
                        in cape cod nice place I hope. I had to cut my trip
                        short to the southwest this year maybe longer next
                        year I like to stay for at least 4or 5 months. happytrails

                        http://auctions.yahoo.com