paint removal from fiberglass? gelcoating?

  • leohund@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30 8:07 PM
      Has anyone used something called "Star 10" paint stripper?
      (http://www.starten.com) We're wanting to remove the 30-year old
      paint from the inside of our TT and haven't been having good luck
      tracking down a fiberglass-safe paint stripper in our area. We've
      tried the local hardware stores, auto paint supply shops and marine
      supply shops. None of them have anything safe for fiberglass. I
      found this product's web site and it seems to be suitable. Has
      anyone tried it?

      On a similar subject, in place of the old paint, we're wanting to
      apply gelcoat to the inside (a local marine supply sells a tub of
      white Gel-Kote w/hardener by EverCoat). Has anyone tackled this type
      of project? Would appreciate any advice on the matter.

      Liz