84 Itasca Sunflyer

  • justdilly2001@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2001
      Hi all! We recently bought this 27' MH. I'm sure we will have many
      questions as we did not get an owner's manual with it. We ordered a
      manual from a dealer but it does not cover everything. Does anyone
      know what the "thing" is in the rear under the bed. Hubby says it
      looks like a small radiator. It appears to be wired up and there are
      2 knobs that come through the side of the bed. One has a line painted
      on it and the other appears to be a thermostat. Any ideas, anyone?
    • mike_w@prodigy.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1 4:48 AM
        Sounds like your MH maybe equipped with hot water heat. I had a Beach Craft
        motorhome with this option.
        While your on the road your engine coolant can be routed through small
        radiators within the coach to heat
        the coach without having to lite the furnace. Mine had electric fans
        behind the radiators to move the heat.
        It also would heat the water in the hot water tank so you could have hot
        water on the road. A pretty cool feature.

        Mike W.
        Latrobe, Pa

        justdilly2001
        @... To: classicrv@yahoogroups.com
        cc:
        07/31/01 Subject: [classicrv] 84 Itasca Sunflyer
        11:32 PM
        Please
        respond to
        classicrv

        Hi all! We recently bought this 27' MH. I'm sure we will have many
        questions as we did not get an owner's manual with it. We ordered a
        manual from a dealer but it does not cover everything. Does anyone
        know what the "thing" is in the rear under the bed. Hubby says it
        looks like a small radiator. It appears to be wired up and there are
        2 knobs that come through the side of the bed. One has a line painted
        on it and the other appears to be a thermostat. Any ideas, anyone?

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Bettye
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1 9:16 PM
          Mike, thanks so much for your response. Got another
          telling us the same thing. We are surprised to learn
          about the heater even if it may not work. The 2
          previous owners were from California so they probably
          never used it. Thanks again!
          --- mike_w@... wrote:

          > Sounds like your MH maybe equipped with hot water
          > heat. I had a Beach Craft
          > motorhome with this option.
          > While your on the road your engine coolant can be
          > routed through small
          > radiators within the coach to heat
          > the coach without having to lite the furnace. Mine
          > had electric fans
          > behind the radiators to move the heat.
          > It also would heat the water in the hot water tank
          > so you could have hot
          > water on the road. A pretty cool feature.
          >
          > Mike W.
          > Latrobe, Pa
          >

          > justdilly2001
          >

          > @... To:
          > classicrv@yahoogroups.com
          >
          > cc:
          >

          > 07/31/01 Subject:
          > [classicrv] 84 Itasca Sunflyer
          >
          > 11:32 PM
          >

          > Please
          >

          > respond to
          >

          > classicrv

          > Hi all! We recently bought this 27' MH. I'm sure we
          > will have many
          > questions as we did not get an owner's manual with
          > it. We ordered a
          > manual from a dealer but it does not cover
          > everything. Does anyone
          > know what the "thing" is in the rear under the bed.
          > Hubby says it
          > looks like a small radiator. It appears to be wired
          > up and there are
          > 2 knobs that come through the side of the bed. One
          > has a line painted
          > on it and the other appears to be a thermostat. Any
          > ideas, anyone?
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          > (Embedded image moved to file: pic11724.gif)
          >

          > (Embedded image moved to file: pic20052.gif)

          > Terms of Service.

          > removed]

          =====
          Have a nice day!