Looking For A Vintage Jeep

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 23, 2001
      Hi.
      I know it's not an RV question but some of you guys might be able to
      help me find something. My father-in-law is looking for a 1940'-50's
      vintage Jeep; like an Army jeep. Anyone know where I could find one?

      -Chris the trailer guy
    • supert1959@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 23, 2001
        In a message dated 6/24/01 5:26:45 AM CETDST, possum@... writes:

        << My father-in-law is looking for a 1940'-50's
        vintage Jeep; like an Army jeep. Anyone know where I could find one?

        -Chris the trailer guy >>

        how 'bout Ebay? or check online for "military collectables" groups, etc?
        good luck... had a buddy way back in high school he semi-inherited his dad's
        "stock" 1942 jeep... had Willys and Ford tags on it... had the original tires
        on it... and a 1959 Sears & Roebuck -- Ted Williams signature series aluminum
        canopy on it!!! lots of luck! hope ya'll find one...

        dave
        sac, ca
      • hetsel@swbell.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 1, 2001
          If you do a web search and a usenet search for "jeep mb" you will
          find
          a lot info. Several clubs and special interest groups on this item.
          I am currently restoring one, good luck.

          --- In classicrv@y..., "Chris " <possum@t...> wrote:
          > Hi.
          > I know it's not an RV question but some of you guys might be able
          > help me find something. My father-in-law is looking for a
          1940'-50's
          > vintage Jeep; like an Army jeep. Anyone know where I could find one?
          >
          > -Chris the trailer guy
        • roger
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 1, 2001
            I was on e-bay the other day searching the auctions for motorhomes. There was an old army jeep up for auction then, can't say if it still there or not. Worth a try though. Good luck.

          • roger
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 1, 2001
              OOPS, I should have told you to click on e-bay autos. Sorry!

            • Dick
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 2, 2001
                You can search ebay, or you can go to the yahoo group called "willys Tech"

                Here are some links...

                Dick
                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WillysTech/messages/
                http://www.serve.com/teaherbfarm/wwwboard/wwwboard.html