SLAB CITY, CA.

  • W. "DUTCH" Schaafsma
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2001
      After a month long stay at Slab City, having the time of my life, I
      had to tear myself away. It is as far as I know the last of the true
      FREE campgrounds in this neck of the woods. Best of all: you may stay
      as long as you wish, as opposed to the 14 day stay limit imposed by
      the BLM on their FREE campgrounds.

      I was surprised by the large number of foreign visitors that I've met
      there and that everybody seemed to have such a good time.

      Harper's Magazine is doing an article about the Salton Sea which will
      include Salvation Mountain and Slab City.

      Although it is getting towards the end of the season, the weather is
      still nice enough to pay the place a visit. After April/May it is
      best that you wait until November. The summers are blistering hot.

      My plans for the summer? I'm thinking about the Oregon coast.
      Does anyone know any good FREE campsites in that area?
      I need your help! Thank you very much.

      Desert Dutch.
      FREE Campgrounds in Southern California
      http://www.geocities.com/desert_dutch