[classicrv] Re: '68 Travco brake help!

  • JIM ROGERS
    Message 1 of 34 , Mar 2, 2001
      sounds like you still have air in the system if the booster were ban and master cyclkender goog you woud have a hard peddl;e all the time

      >>> m_bonkowski@... 03/02/01 01:34PM >>>
      Hi!

      I'm not 100% sure, but I beleive it was a new one. We're not loosing
      fluid, just not having any brakes. It's almost like the pedal isn't
      connected. If you pump, and hold you have brakes. But as soon as
      you release, it goes to the floor the next time.

      Thanks !

      Michael

    • LVRODEO@aol.com
      Message 34 of 34 , Mar 2, 2001
        --- In classicrv@y..., m_bonkowski@y... wrote:
        > Actually,
        >
        > Any b-block distruibutor (383, 400, 413, 440, 426) should work.
        But

        CWBOATS@a...

        > > om To:

        classicrv@y...

        cc:

        > > 03/02/01 Subject: Re:
        > [classicrv] Re: '68 Travco brake
        > help!
        > > 04:11

        PM

        Please

        > > respond

        classicrv
        > Michael The master cylinders on the motorhomes were notorius for
        holding air!!! The best way to check and bleed them,is to remove
        it !!!! Put on your work bench put a fitting in each hole coming out
        of the master cyl, with a small section of hose or brake line back up
        and into each section of the master cyl. Now pump the master cyl
        until you get no more air coming from these lines,you may have to
        pump it 30 times to purge all of the air!!! If you cannot get all the
        air out the master cyl is leaking inside and has to be
        replaced Mark Buck
        LVRODEO@...

        > > For the distributor try your largest junk yards. That's going to
        be
        > hard
        > > cause you don't have one to match. I guess the good news is you
        > don't need
        > > the master cylinder until you find the distributor. Don't need
        > brakes until
        > >
        > > it rolls!
        > >
        > > Chuck
        > >
        > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        > >
        > > (Embedded image moved to file: pic05631.gif)
        > > Click here for Classmates.com
        > >
        > > (Embedded image moved to file: pic06565.gif)

        Service.