Re: '68 Travco brake help!

  • m_bonkowski@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 34 , Mar 2 10:54 AM
      Ok !!

      now I know what you are talking about. (it's a friday !)

      I think we did, but I'm printing every message I get and I'm going to
      hand them to my dad. See if he or the mechanic remember.....

      If not, I'll climb under the RV and look (it's in a shed)

      Thanks !

      Michael

      --- In classicrv@y..., "Jason Plank" <jpogr@m...> wrote:
      > I'm talking about the flexible hoses that connect to the calipers.
      My vehicle (79 Dodge Chassis) has rubber hoses between the calipers
      and brackets on the frame.

      Service.

    • LVRODEO@aol.com
      Message 34 of 34 , Mar 2 5:25 PM
        --- In classicrv@y..., m_bonkowski@y... wrote:
        > Actually,
        >
        > Any b-block distruibutor (383, 400, 413, 440, 426) should work.
        But

        CWBOATS@a...

        > > om To:

        classicrv@y...

        cc:

        > > 03/02/01 Subject: Re:
        > [classicrv] Re: '68 Travco brake
        > help!
        > > 04:11

        PM

        Please

        > > respond

        classicrv
        > Michael The master cylinders on the motorhomes were notorius for
        holding air!!! The best way to check and bleed them,is to remove
        it !!!! Put on your work bench put a fitting in each hole coming out
        of the master cyl, with a small section of hose or brake line back up
        and into each section of the master cyl. Now pump the master cyl
        until you get no more air coming from these lines,you may have to
        pump it 30 times to purge all of the air!!! If you cannot get all the
        air out the master cyl is leaking inside and has to be
        replaced Mark Buck
        LVRODEO@...

        > > For the distributor try your largest junk yards. That's going to
        be
        > hard
        > > cause you don't have one to match. I guess the good news is you
        > don't need
        > > the master cylinder until you find the distributor. Don't need
        > brakes until
        > >
        > > it rolls!
        > >
        > > Chuck
        > >
        > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        > >
        > > (Embedded image moved to file: pic05631.gif)
        > > Click here for Classmates.com
        > >
        > > (Embedded image moved to file: pic06565.gif)

        Service.