Re: [classicrv] Maintenance

  • mike_w@prodigy.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2001
      Wayne,

      Wouldn't such a facility be a big insurance risk?
      Even at the quick lube place they don't want you
      in the bay for insurance reasons.

      Mike W.
      Latrobe, PA

      "Wayne"
      <wrowe62@qwes To: <classicrv@yahoogroups.com>, <rving@yahoogroups.com>
      t.net> cc:
      Subject: [classicrv] Maintenance
      02/28/01
      01:54 AM
      Please
      respond to
      classicrv

      I would like to know how many of you perform
      some sort of maintenance on your rigs...
      yourself.

      This could be changing the oil to replacing air
      filters...etc.

      We have been thinking about providing an area
      for such maintenance. We don't want to be just
      a place for camping but also want to send you
      on your way safely.

      Wayne Rowe
      Crystle Hot Springs & Resort
      Weiser, Idaho

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Click here for Classmates.com

    • JIM ROGERS

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 28, 2001
          Wayne:

          A maintenance area is great idea, and would be a reason for me to stay at a
          campground that has that feature.

          HOWEVER

          I would plan what to do with possible toxic liquid spills on your site such
          as gasoline, motor oil, anti-freeze, etc. if you do plan to have a
          maintenance area in the campground.

          It could be a really expensive proposition if the P.C. crowd, or the
          Eco-nuts find out.. there are Federal regulations about such things of
          course...

          The Horror of bio-degradable gray water pollution would be nothing compared
          to having to dig up, remove and dispose of toxic soil.

          That is one reason why we can't work on our vehicles in storage yards in
          California.

          It's a great idea though.

          John C.
          Berkeley, CA
          74 Overland 27' Class A

          > Harley Davidson dealer in Sturgis nd does this during bike week has a
          tent set up to work on your own bike lets you use his tools but you must
          sign a waver on liability jim

          > Wayne,
          >
          > Wouldn't such a facility be a big insurance risk?
          > Even at the quick lube place they don't want you
          > in the bay for insurance reasons.
          >
          > Mike W.
          > Latrobe, PA
          >

          > "Wayne"
          > <wrowe62@qwes To:
          <classicrv@yahoogroups.com>, <rving@yahoogroups.com>
          > t.net> cc:
          > Subject: [classicrv]
          Maintenance
          > 02/28/01
          > 01:54 AM
          > Please
          > respond to
          > classicrv
          >

          > I would like to know how many of you perform
          > some sort of maintenance on your rigs...
          > yourself.
          >
          > This could be changing the oil to replacing air
          > filters...etc.
          >
          > We have been thinking about providing an area
          > for such maintenance. We don't want to be just
          > a place for camping but also want to send you
          > on your way safely.
          >
          > Wayne Rowe
          > Crystle Hot Springs & Resort
          > Weiser, Idaho
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
          >
          > (Embedded image moved to file: pic18519.gif)
          > Click here for Classmates.com
          >
          > (Embedded image moved to file: pic13479.gif)

        • Wayne
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 28, 2001
            We do have a building which would house the
            shop, and we may provide a concrete deck outside
            for work as well.

            Waivers sound like a good idea, but I think for the
            type of work I am thinking you guys/gals already
            have the tools.

            Someone mentioned that a place to wash the
            rig would be a good - umm, yes we are considering
            that. Most coin washes are a dollar a cycle, we may
            be able to reduce this.

            Wayne
            Crystle Hot Springs & Resort
            Weiser, Idaho