1976 Itasca Mini C25C Water and Holding Tanks

  • Stephen Casper
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 7, 2014
      Hi all -

      I've been doing bit and piece work on my young at heart Itasca "Mini" C25C (I love how they call it a "Mini"!).    The next project I'm starting to size up is the water tanks - but the huge 60 gallon fresh water tank, and the black and gray water tanks.

      I can find info on the dark water tanks - tank sizes, model numbers, dimensions.... but I haven't been able to find any info on the fresh water tank.   Would anybody have the part number and dimensions?

      I realize that the 'best' fix is going to be to pull these 38 year old critters out of the RV  (they're leaking).   However, if anybody has any practical advice on 'fixing' them, I'm game to listen.

      I've never pulled tanks - and so I'd need replacements (hence the model and dimension request - I'm going to have to order them).   Also - any idea on pricing??   One RV shop told me that the tanks themselves might well run $400+ per tank - and with labor and all, I'm looking at a couple of grand if I have them do it.   Do you all figure its worth it to have them do it, or spend the time trying to get them fixed myself?   Any suggestions on where to order them??

      There are plenty of other projects on this unit - including a tuneup for the V8 4 barrel carbed engine.   But the water one is the one I'm looking at now....

      Thank you!

      Steve
    • Garry Foster
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 7, 2014

        Where are they leaking and what are they made of. I spent 160.00 on a plastic welder and it has saved me a b unch of money over time. I have also fixed abs tanks with abs cement and fiberglass tape. You have to be creative to get a lot of these tNks out to fix or repair. Most conne ctions are spin welded. If the tank is made of a m a teral that can be solvent welded your life is much easier.

      • Garry Foster
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 7, 2014

          Also you can get tanks made to size at a c few places around elkhart or could at one time.

          On Jul 7, 2014 8:39 PM, "Garry Foster" <garry.foster1@...> wrote:

          Where are they leaking and what are they made of. I spent 160.00 on a plastic welder and it has saved me a b unch of money over time. I have also fixed abs tanks with abs cement and fiberglass tape. You have to be creative to get a lot of these tNks out to fix or repair. Most conne ctions are spin welded. If the tank is made of a m a teral that can be solvent welded your life is much easier.

        • stghost
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 7, 2014
            Thanks, Gary.

            The tanks got pushed back a bit on the task list - its in the shop right now for a new fuel pump and a tranny overhaul.

            I appreciate the idea on the welder and the abs cement - I'm going to give the abs cement a try, since my budget just got 're-prioritized'.  :-/

            Smooth roads and fair skies.
          • Warren
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 7, 2014
              I believe we all can relate to the budget...Re-prioritization issue.

              Best of luck in those repairs.

              Warren
              2014 GMC Sierra Denali 3500 HD Duramax Diesel dually (Sebastian)
              2014 Forest River Wildwood 30FKBS (Sabrina)
              Western KY