Need help

  • rugoin7777
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 27, 2013
      I mostly lurk.....But I can use some help...I have a 1985 Winnebago chieftain 33 ...I need a rt front brake assy ...Cant seem to find any info on them...Mine is really rusted and corroded and cant be separated. Do any of you guys know where I can find a used or new one...The auto parts places only carry the p-30 ones not the big one like i have...I am in Az...Full time boondocking Vet...Thx in advance....
    • Tommy Meadows
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 27, 2013
        There are two different sizes of P30 chassis. I have owned one of each.

        You probably have the heavier GVWR, with 5/10 lug wheels and disc brakes in the rear. If I remember correctly, yours is something like 14000 lbs GVWR.

        The lighter one is like 12000 lbs GVWR, and has 8 lug wheels with rear drum brakes.

        If they understand that distinction, a decent parts store should be able to get you what you need.

        Tommy
        Durango, CO

        rugoin7777@... wrote:

        I mostly lurk.....But I can use some help...I have a 1985 Winnebago chieftain 33 ...I need a rt front brake assy ...Cant seem to find any info on them...Mine is really rusted and corroded and cant be separated. Do any of you guys know where I can find a used or new one...The auto parts places only carry the p-30 ones not the big one like i have...I am in Az...Full time boondocking Vet...Thx in advance....

      • Jerry Boone
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 27, 2013
          I'd try a truck repair shop or Arizona RV Salvage in Phoenix. (http://azrvinc.com/). They have helped me out a few times when I needed obscure parts for my rig.

          -- boone
          '89 Ultrastar 28'

          Once the game is over, the King and the pawn go back in the same box.
            - Italian Proverb

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 28, 2013
            Try Alretta Truck Parts. (508) 788-9409. They helped me with brake parts for my Coachmen. Very knowledgeable folks. I also posted a file a few years ago of RV Sources, which lists places to try for various parts and information. I haven't looked at it for a while, so all of the places listed may not still be around, but it's a place to start,

            Ron
            76 Coachmen

            At 10:56 PM 10/27/2013, you wrote:

            I mostly lurk.....But I can use some help...I have a 1985 Winnebago chieftain 33 ...I need a rt front brake assy ...Cant seem to find any info on them...Mine is really rusted and corroded and cant be separated. Do any of you guys know where I can find a used or new one...The auto parts places only carry the p-30 ones not the big one like i have...I am in Az...Full time boondocking Vet...Thx in advance....
          • Rob
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 28, 2013
              Have you taken a wire brush to the old caliper to look for
              numbers? On my '78 (had the 4 disk brakes) I needed a new master cyl
              and had to take a picture of the old one down to NAPA to find one.

              Good luck.

              Rob
              vwrobb@...

              At 10/27/2013 09:56 PM,rugoin7777@... wrote:

              >I mostly lurk.....But I can use some help...I have a 1985 Winnebago
              >chieftain 33 ...I need a rt front brake assy ...Cant seem to find
              >any info on them...Mine is really rusted and corroded and cant be
              >separated. Do any of you guys know where I can find a used or new
              >one...The auto parts places only carry the p-30 ones not the big one
              >like i have...I am in Az...Full time boondocking Vet...Thx in advance....
            • red2dog45
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 28, 2013
                Is the manufacturer no help? Would think a company like Winnebago would have people who know their products even back that far.