Re: [classicrv] RE: RE: Re: Advise on buying a Older RV

  • Garry Foster
    Message 1 of 40 , Oct 4, 2013
      On a newer coach that I had which was totaled they allowed 600 dollars for brand new tires that cost 2200. In other words unless your restoration is world class it isn't worth much in actual sales price.

      Sent from Garry's iPhone

      On Oct 2, 2013, at 9:52 AM, John Sargent <john.sargent76@...> wrote:

      Search the Internet rv sale sites to find your coach, plus or minus a few years, as well as other comparable coaches to see what the asking prices are. Start there. I don't think increasing the price for what you might have spent on the coach is reasonable, especially for maintenance or repair items. If you have replaced major items- AC, engine, transmission, tires, etc, that may be worth some increase yet nothing like the retail cost you spent. On an older coach, buyers pay for evidence of maintenance, and good visual condition. Good luck,
      John in Tucson
      89 Winnebago Lesharo
      59,000 miles

      Sent from my iPhone 4S, iOS 5
      Lets Do Video Chat or Face Time

      On Oct 1, 2013, at 11:47 PM, <e_5th_rct@...> wrote:

      You Might Start with What You Paid for It,  then if you made any improvements add them.

        You can always drop the price it easier than you go up, someone might make you a lower offer.

      Then You Could Decide If You Want to Accept it...   :-)

      ---In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, <classicrv@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      My husband and I are wanting to sell our 1970 pace arrow. It's in really great condition but we cannot find anywhere that can help us find out what it's worth, anyone have any idea?

    • roadhse2
      Message 40 of 40 , Oct 25, 2013

        I happen to have a one owner California 67 Mustang convertible, not restored, that was appraised at $25K...my insurance company only charged me $4 a month over my normal insurance cost for a full value policy....So in my case anyway, there was no problem choosing what to get....

        There are also many specialty insurance companies that will sell you a full value policy, check out Hemmings for ads.....

        Glen

        ---In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, <classicrv@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        With an agreed value policy.  You tell them you want to insure the restored Mustang for, say, $20K instead of $5K, document the value, and if they agree, they charge a premium based on that higher amount.

        On 10/12/2013 10:01 AM, Wesley Furr wrote:

        I think the average condition argument make sense up to a certain age...but in my mind, there comes a point where specific condition makes a difference.  How does one insure a fully-restored classic mustang compared to one that looks like crap because nothing has ever been done to it...?

        Wesley