Re: tire switch

  • mcolie
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 16, 2013
      Ron,

      This is a subject I know well.
      8.75RX16.5 are available, but the remaining US manufacturer is Firestone.

      I bought a set about 5 years ago, but I know that they still run them from time to time. Someone said that there are also Chinese Coopers out there, but I have never seen them.

      I have managed to get a complete set of 16 wheels for my coach and will be doing a 2 a year transition to 225-78*16E. Those two vary in rolling diameter. Collecting wheels was a long process for me.

      Matt

      --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, carl Andersson <andersson.carl@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >     Has anyone switched there tires on a 1987 chevy small Rv?Mine came with 800X16.5 tires and I am looking to put 8;75 x 16'5 tires on it.It has the dual rear wheels...curious if anyone has made this size change and if it creates any problems.The 8;75x 16.5 seem to be easier to find than the 800x16.5
      > Does anyone have any 800x 16.5 or 8;75X16.5? I need to retire my classic 87 RV ASAP
      >  Thanks,Ron Indian lake,NY 12842

    • carl Andersson
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 17, 2013
        Thank You I think that is going to be the way to go