Window channel felt

  • RKopicki
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 14, 2013
      Hello all,

      We've got a 1972 Newell Coach that we're restoring and I'm looking for the window channel felt. I purchased an 8ft piece from Vintage Trailer Supply....

      http://www.vintagetrailersupply.com/Airstream_Motorhome_Window_Channel_p/vts-278.htm

      but it's too big on the bottom and the window won't slide once installed.

      Does anyone have a source for the channel felt?

      Thanks,

      Bob Kopicki
      Massillon OH
      1972 Newell Coach
    • RKopicki
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 14, 2013
        Woop's, I'm posting pictures now of the windows under '72 Newell.

        Sorry,

        Bob
      • antiqbob
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 15, 2013
          --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "RKopicki" <rhkopicki@...> wrote:

          > Hello all,
          >
          > We've got a 1972 Newell Coach that we're restoring and I'm looking for the window channel felt.

          Hey Bob,
          You might check with Restoration Specialties in Pa. After you check local window (Auto glass companies). Try to go to the glass companies with a piece of what you need... Asking for some for a Newell will probably not work, but an older glass company may have some old stock, that will match up perfectly.
          Again if no luck you might try Restoration Specialties.

          I spent 10 years Working for a restoration shop and they were good people to deal with.
          Good luck,

          antiqbob