Oklahoma tornado

  • Dave S.
    Message 1 of 4 , May 21, 2013
      I hope and pray that none of our members here or their families were in
      the path of that massive tornado in Moore Oklahoma, that has to be one
      of the worst hits I have seen on a city by a tornado. I can't imagine
      having to go through something like that, prayers for all affected..
      Deep Freeze Dave

      --
      My Railroad picture pages are at
      www.flickr.com/photos/des-productions

    • mike
      Message 2 of 4 , May 22, 2013
        I have lived in the "RV Capital", Elkhart, IN since 1989...

        However, I am a born and raised Okie, and have a number of friends living in Lindsay and Moore, OK...

        At this time, all my "folks" there have all reported in that they are ok.

        It was a stressful evening, Monday, trying to track my family and friends down.
        What with all the phone and internet interruptions, it was not until nearly midnight that we were assured of their safety.

        With the exception of our niece, (who was at work at Tinker AFB), all our family friends and relation were within a couple blocks of ground zero....

        Please send your help(cash!) to the American Red Cross, and, I have a friend there who's heavily involved wih the Humane Socity there, and they could use a lot of pet kennels and food...

        Anything folks can contribute would be appreciated!

        Mike in Elkhart

        Message 3 of 4 , May 22, 2013
          Mike,
          Glad to hear your familyand friends survived, I can't imagine the stress
          that you have been under..
          Made a donation through Canadian Red Cross earlier..
          DFD
          On 5/22/2013 8:03 PM, mike wrote:
          > I have lived in the "RV Capital", Elkhart, IN since 1989...
          >
          > However, I am a born and raised Okie, and have a number of friends living in Lindsay and Moore, OK...
          >
          > At this time, all my "folks" there have all reported in that they are ok.
          >
          > It was a stressful evening, Monday, trying to track my family and friends down.
          > What with all the phone and internet interruptions, it was not until nearly midnight that we were assured of their safety.
          >
          > With the exception of our niece, (who was at work at Tinker AFB), all our family friends and relation were within a couple blocks of ground zero....
          >
          > Please send your help(cash!) to the American Red Cross, and, I have a friend there who's heavily involved wih the Humane Socity there, and they could use a lot of pet kennels and food...
          >
          > Anything folks can contribute would be appreciated!
          >
          > Mike in Elkhart
          >
          > --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "Dave S." <daslater@...> wrote:
          >> I hope and pray that none of our members here or their families were in
          >> the path of that massive tornado in Moore Oklahoma, that has to be one
          >> of the worst hits I have seen on a city by a tornado. I can't imagine
          >> having to go through something like that, prayers for all affected..
          >> Deep Freeze Dave
          >>
          >> --
          >> My Railroad picture pages are at
          >> www.flickr.com/photos/des-productions
          >> Miscellaneous other pictures are at
          >> www.flickr.com/photos/des-productions1

          My Railroad picture pages are at
          www.flickr.com/photos/des-productions
          Miscellaneous other pictures are at
          www.flickr.com/photos/des-productions1

        • use_da_greymatter
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 16, 2013
            The good news as I heard it is citizens have aggressively started raising money to provide storm shelters in every school in Oklahoma.
            According to sources the government is actually getting on the ball with it as well. will it really happen? Who knows. This is Oklahoma It is any ones guess.

            Barb ( Duncan, OK)