Re: RV as permanent residence ?

  • Rob & Kate Lang
    Message 1 of 11 , May 4, 2013
      We full timed for 3 years joined Escapes in Livingston, TX. no income tax, never lost a piece of mail, well run group. This is a group formed by full timers. Tried using kids to handle mail not a good idea. Where ever you call home you will need to get a license and registration from that state or you won't be legal.

      Kate & Rob

    • wpmartin55
      Message 2 of 11 , May 4, 2013
        > We use my daughter's address in
        > San Antonio, Tx. as a permanent address and she forwards mail to us
        > wherever we are. Good Sam has a mail forwarding service also.

        Anyone thinking about going full-time should check Escapees. They have mail forwarding and lots of suggestions on where to register to vote, get vehicles license, and other important stuff. They are the first resource you should check.
        Cindy
      • Joyce Balius
        Message 3 of 11 , May 4, 2013
          I live in snowy Iowa. Where are you campworking? Maybe we'll come visit if it e Rey gets warm. Joyce.

          Sent from my iPad
        • rocky mayfield
          Message 4 of 11 , May 4, 2013
            Were you talking to me Joyce?....I'm retired A.F. I'm not workcamping....I'm up in Big lake AZ @9100ft and will be all summer it never gets above 75 deg here in in Jul and Aug thats why I come here I have 2/12 acres outside Show low AZ...I can spend about 6 months there.Its nice I don't have to keep moving every 14 days ....The Forrest people are real nice they know me .....They know I spend the summers up here and tell me when its time to move. I don't push it here sooooo many places to boondock and being fully self contained with solar don't need much.....

            ------------------------------
            On Sat, May 4, 2013 2:31 PM MST Joyce Balius wrote:

            >I live in snowy Iowa. Where are you campworking? Maybe we'll come visit if it e Rey gets warm. Joyce.
            >
            >Sent from my iPad
          • Ted Kroll
            Message 5 of 11 , May 4, 2013
              Rocky, U seem really cool! I wouldn't need her either. Good luck!
              Ted
              Were you talking to me Joyce?....I'm retired A.F. I'm not workcamping....I'm up in Big lake AZ @9100ft and will be all summer it never gets above 75 deg here in in Jul and Aug thats why I come here I have 2/12 acres outside Show low AZ...I can spend about 6 months there.Its nice I don't have to keep moving every 14 days ....The Forrest people are real nice they know me .....They know I spend the summers up here and tell me when its time to move. I don't push it here sooooo many places to boondock and being fully self contained with solar don't need much.....

              On Sat, May 4, 2013 2:31 PM MST Joyce Balius wrote:

              >I live in snowy Iowa. Where are you campworking? Maybe we'll come visit if it e Rey gets warm. Joyce.
              >
              >Sent from my iPad

            • Bill Miller
              Message 6 of 11 , May 5, 2013
                Also check out GOOD SAM CLUB for all kindsd of services.

                mainiac bill