Re: [classicrv] Marshall gas regulators

  • Warren
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 22, 2013
      Absolutely use a manometer. In the videos provided. You notice his is home
      made. Works just fine.

      Now, Also note, Your regulators do need to be replaced every 5 to 10 years.
      They have a rubber diaphragm and that diaphragm gets old and can fail.
      Also, if your regulator happened to end up with liquid propane in it. it
      needs to be replaced. That liquid propane will mess up the diaphragm. Been
      there.

      On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 3:22 PM, Todd Barnard <twbarnard@...> wrote:

      > Hi Peter, generally there is one, 2 stage regulator, on the system. Its
      > possible that someone has put 2 regs inline to try to accomplish this.
      >
      > It they appear to be running in parallel rather than in series, then one
      > may be set up for a BBQ or other portable appliance.
      >
      > As far as your pressure goes, you should check it with a
      > manometer...adjusting the pressure without one is dangerous and could
      > easily damage your system.
      >
      > You can check the gas pressure in the motorhome and check for leaks with a
      > manometer, if you have one, if not, you can make one yourself.
      >
      > See here: http://www.rverscorner.com/manometer.html
      >
      > Good explanation here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyTx8VIE_kQ
      >
      > And here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRubt1b6-cA
      >
      > We had a manufactured one of these I kept on our work bench...I could use
      > it to calibrate our dial gauges periodically.
      >
      > Cheers, Todd.
      >

      > On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 2:04 PM, Peter Penwarden <ppenwarden@...
      > >wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > I posted a couple of weeks back re adjusting gas pressure. One burner
      > > alight flame is good, two and flame reduces, with four going, they are
      > just
      > > alight. Was told to remove plastic bung and screw in plastic screw one
      > > turn. Did that with no effect. Upon further investigation I find there
      > are
      > > two identical regulators. Backed screws in and out on both, no result.
      > Does
      > > one reg control stove, fridge, water heater and furnace, the other the
      > Onan
      > > gen? As the gen doesn't run, if one reg is for that, I can probably
      > adapt a
      > > UK reg. I have an extend a stay hose and connected a full propane bottle
      > in
      > > case the rv tank was low. Any help would be appreciated.
      > > Peter Bristol UK

      1995 Ford F-350 XLT 7.3 PowerStroke Centurion conversion dually crew cab
      pickup (Sam)