Easter

  • Dave S.
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 31, 2013
      Happy Easter to all...
      There is only about 8 weeks until the "Official" start of camping season
      up here BUT with all the snow we have many of us will be lucky to even
      find out trailers by then as we have had a record setting 200 PLUS CM of
      snow this year and the weather guessers are threatening us with more....
      For those that don't understand metric that is almost 79 inches of the
      white crap.... The storm last weekend here that closed many highways
      left drifts that were higher than my pickup truck......
      Many of the campgrounds around here may even end up with serious
      flooding problems due to all the snow...Deep Freeze Dave

      --
      My Railroad picture pages are at
      www.flickr.com/photos/des-productions

    • Rob
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 31, 2013
        At 3/31/2013 07:14 AM,Dave S. wrote:

        >Happy Easter to all...
        >There is only about 8 weeks until the "Official" start of camping season
        >up here BUT with all the snow we have many of us will be lucky to even
        >find out trailers by then as we have had a record setting 200 PLUS CM of
        >snow this year and the weather guessers are threatening us with more....
        >For those that don't understand metric that is almost 79 inches of the
        >white crap....

        I'm guessing you're in Canada somewhere! I'm sure that with any small
        amount of luck 'Spring' will eventually make it up to where you are
        but it does come slow to the northland...

        I was stationed at the USCG air station in Chicago and one year
        'someone' was looking at all the lake shores on the Great Lakes. One
        spring day a flight took us up the western shore of Lake Michigan,
        somewhere in Wisconsin you could actually see 'Spring'! There was a
        line that went (south to north) green-grey-white as far into the
        distance as I could see, that line was 'Spring' moving north.
        Later when I lived in northern Minnesota I thought about that line every year.

        Rob

        vwrobb@...
        On the road, somewhere in the USA
      • Dave S.
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 31, 2013
          Rob,
          I am on the Canadian Prairies, Southern area of Saskatchewan ...
          My sig file at the bottom has a link to my rail photo pages, on there is
          a folder with some local snow pictures from last weekends storm, well,
          they were taken after the roads were opened up again. The regular snow
          plows could NOT get through in some places...
          DFD
          On 3/31/2013 8:35 AM, Rob wrote:
          > At 3/31/2013 07:14 AM,Dave S. wrote:
          >>
          >> Happy Easter to all...
          >> There is only about 8 weeks until the "Official" start of camping season
          >> up here BUT with all the snow we have many of us will be lucky to even
          >> find out trailers by then as we have had a record setting 200 PLUS CM of
          >> snow this year and the weather guessers are threatening us with more....
          >> For those that don't understand metric that is almost 79 inches of the
          >> white crap....
          >
          > I'm guessing you're in Canada somewhere! I'm sure that with any small
          > amount of luck 'Spring' will eventually make it up to where you are
          > but it does come slow to the northland...
          >
          > I was stationed at the USCG air station in Chicago and one year
          > 'someone' was looking at all the lake shores on the Great Lakes. One
          > spring day a flight took us up the western shore of Lake Michigan,
          > somewhere in Wisconsin you could actually see 'Spring'! There was a
          > line that went (south to north) green-grey-white as far into the
          > distance as I could see, that line was 'Spring' moving north.
          > Later when I lived in northern Minnesota I thought about that line every year.
          >

          > Rob
          >
          > vwrobb@...
          > On the road, somewhere in the USA

          My Railroad picture pages are at
          www.flickr.com/photos/des-productions
          Miscellaneous other pictures are at
          www.flickr.com/photos/des-productions1

        • Dick
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 31, 2013
            Ah! Remembering that white stuff, and icicles in my beard! No thanks. Easter here was opened with fireworks at dawn, and so far that's about it. Nice day, 83 degrees, partly cloudy. Yalaquina, Nicaragua.
            RWC

            --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "Dave S." <daslater@...> wrote:

            > Rob,
            > I am on the Canadian Prairies, Southern area of Saskatchewan ...
            > My sig file at the bottom has a link to my rail photo pages, on there is
            > a folder with some local snow pictures from last weekends storm, well,
            > they were taken after the roads were opened up again. The regular snow
            > plows could NOT get through in some places...
            > DFD
            > On 3/31/2013 8:35 AM, Rob wrote:
            > > At 3/31/2013 07:14 AM,Dave S. wrote:
            > >>
            > >> Happy Easter to all...
            > >> There is only about 8 weeks until the "Official" start of camping season
            > >> up here BUT with all the snow we have many of us will be lucky to even
            > >> find out trailers by then as we have had a record setting 200 PLUS CM of
            > >> snow this year and the weather guessers are threatening us with more....
            > >> For those that don't understand metric that is almost 79 inches of the
            > >> white crap....
            > >
            > > I'm guessing you're in Canada somewhere! I'm sure that with any small
            > > amount of luck 'Spring' will eventually make it up to where you are
            > > but it does come slow to the northland...
            > >
            > > I was stationed at the USCG air station in Chicago and one year
            > > 'someone' was looking at all the lake shores on the Great Lakes. One
            > > spring day a flight took us up the western shore of Lake Michigan,
            > > somewhere in Wisconsin you could actually see 'Spring'! There was a
            > > line that went (south to north) green-grey-white as far into the
            > > distance as I could see, that line was 'Spring' moving north.
            > > Later when I lived in northern Minnesota I thought about that line every year.
            > >

            > > Rob
            > >
            > > vwrobb@...
            > > On the road, somewhere in the USA

            > --
            > My Railroad picture pages are at
            > www.flickr.com/photos/des-productions
            > Miscellaneous other pictures are at
            > www.flickr.com/photos/des-productions1

          • Bill Miller
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 31, 2013
              Dave S. Those are some fabulous pics of the snow , but even better are the RR pics from Oahu.

              mainiac bill

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 31, 2013
                Bill,
                Aha!!!! A fellow rail fan???
                Thanks.
                Deep Freeze Dave

                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 31, 2013
                  OH most certainly Dave. I love pictures of railroads, and I watch the Maine Central (old) now Pan Am RR when ever I can. Unfortunately , I don't get to take many pics and the ones I do take I have a lot of trouble uploading them. Senior Citizen that never learned much about computers . :)

                  mainiac bill

                  ________________________________
                  On 3/31/2013 7:15 PM, Bill Miller wrote:
                  > Dave S. Those are some fabulous pics of the snow , but even better are the RR pics from Oahu.
                  >
                  > mainiac bill
                  >

                  > ________________________________

                • Wncol2004
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 1, 2013
                    I'm a closet rail fan. All my model railroad stiff is in the closet. Lol.
                    No place to set it up.

                    1995 Ford F-350 Centurion 7.3 power stroke diesel dually (Sam).
                    Sent from my iPad 2.

                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 1, 2013
                      Sounds like mebut I do have the space but I had to tear my layout down
                      due to house renos..
                      DFD

                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 1, 2013
                        I am sort of a senior citizen and am self taught on the computer with
                        help from friends and family, a good friend once told me that I knew
                        enough about computers to be very, very dangerous BUT I was also smart
                        enough to know when I was over my head to back out and get help...
                        Flickr makes it relatively easy to upload pictures..
                        DFD