Seeking suggestions on next RV

  • Jerry Boone
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 17, 2013
      for the past four winters my wife and I have gone south in a 28-foot Ultrastar Class A. We've remodeled the interior so it is about perfect for the two of us. Now we have a couple grandsons who are a few years away from being old enough to travel with us, so I've begun thinking about what I'd like in whatever we buy to replace the Champion.

      So far I haven't found the perfect coach.

      What I'd like is a Class A that has a bedroom in the rear and another drop down bed in the front, similar to what is found in the Safari Trek or the new Damon ACE29 motorhomes. That would give us two full sleeping areas that would not require converting the dinette or sofa every night and morning.

      I haven't been able to find one like that, but that doesn't mean it was never made. Anyone on the list ever see something like that configuration?

      I appreciate any/all help.

      -- boone
      '89 Ultrastar 28'

    • Stu Mitchell
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 18, 2013
        Hey Boone,

        I bought a 1985 Holiday Rambler 33' and it was pretty common to have the
        drop down bunk over the front seats during that era. Weight limits were
        around 150# for the bunk. I took mine out, and if you are near Atlanta GA,
        you can come pick it up.

        I just knew I didn't need a sofabed, dinette bed, rear bed, AND the overhead
        bunk. I'm just not that much fun to travel with.

        cid:1306005104.11102.0.camel@blue

        Angel & Stu

        ~~~~/)~~~~

        "It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to
        embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer
        meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in
        movement there is life, and in change there is power." Alan Cohen

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 18, 2013
          STU:

          Thanx for the offer, but living in the Portland, Oregon, it's kinda hard to be farther from Atlanta and still be in the lower 48. I'm going to keep looking. What I need is out there...somewhere.

          -- boone

          Once the game is over, the King and the pawn go back in the same box.
          - Italian Proverb

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 18, 2013
            That's also the configuration of my 1983 Georgie Boy 33'.  The overhead bunk
            looks pretty claustrophobia-inducing, and nobody has ever been up there for as
            long as I've owned it.

            It is probably more trouble to convert it than the sofabed, though, and more
            likely to cause injury if you fall out.

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 18, 2013
              A grown son and two grandkids have used the bed
              on different occasions and they both loved it.

              Rob
              vwrobb@...

              At 3/18/2013 03:19 PM,Jabba Truck wrote:

              >That's also the configuration of my 1983 Georgie Boy 33'. The overhead bunk
              >looks pretty claustrophobia-inducing, and nobody
              >has ever been up there for as
              >long as I've owned it.
              >
              >It is probably more trouble to convert it than the sofabed, though, and more
              >likely to cause injury if you fall out.

              >From: Stu Mitchell <<mailto:cloudnine233%40att.net>cloudnine233@...>

            • Bill Miller
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 18, 2013
                LOL! Stu;
                  You sound like GRUMPY OLD MEN and GRUMPIER OLD MEN. We would do well together. :-)

                mainiac bill