Re: Towing a VW Beetle

  • Dick
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 16, 2013
      I had to cut out two scallops in the front of the buggy to repair damage from Mexico's 1000 topes (speedbumps), where the tow bar contacted the fiberglass. The standard beetle weighs around 1750 lbs.

      --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, Larry Annis <lannis1769@...> wrote:

      > The tow bar that they have for the beetle does attach to the front axle beam. I may have to figure out a quick disconnect for the front bumper so the tow bar doesn't lift the front end off the ground. Otherwise the hitch would have to be awfully low to keep the tow bar level.
      > Thanks for the info Dick. Do you know what a beetle weighs?
      > Larry

    • randy lee
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 18, 2013
        Spark plug wires work, till they don't work. It typically is a engine miss that will tell you, you need new wires. The difference between a top of the line, and a cheaper (Autozone,O'reilly) is longevity. Probably any wire will work for years. For High performance, (hi RPM, etc) you need a top of the line wire. For an older Carbureted big block chevy, even in a motor-home, any wire should be OK.