RE: [classicrv] Got a ?? for the collective wisdom

  • Rob
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 14, 2013
      At 3/13/2013 10:48 PM,Mike VanPelt wrote:

      >It's a typical Class C, just short (21').
      >
      >Mike

      I can picture a roller (of some sort) the width of the canoe mounted
      to the rear edge of the RV & a pad to set on the ground to protect
      the part that rests there.
      You set one end on the roller and the other on the pad & get the canoe stable.
      Climb up on the roof and pull the canoe up using the roller as your
      helper until you have the canoe up.
      Strap it down to what ever type of mount you have decided on.

      I can't picture taking the canoe down yet ....

      This would all be easier if you had help but sometimes there is no
      one else <shrug>.

      Rob
      vwrobb@...
      Eisenhower warned us but they won anyway
    • ezzinger
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 14, 2013
        I have been trying to visualize a hinged step ladder or fold down step above rear bumper, mounted beside your canoe, which would provide steady footing while you manage the weight of the canoe over center balance-tip down to the ground. You would also need a hand hold for safety.
        You could place a bumper(pad)on tip of canoe so it can land anywhere on the ground, and the roller could also be removeable - mounted onto the canoe.
        Eric