RE: [classicrv] Got a ?? for the collective wisdom

  • Mike VanPelt
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 13, 2013
      <groan>

      Well, I guess I left myself open for some of those. <VBG>

      I'm working on getting a pic up. I've got 'em, just a matter of which of
      the 1000's of pix I've got shows a good shot of the vehicle . . . sometimes
      digital photography can be a BAD thing, y'know?

      It's a typical Class C, just short (21').

      Mike

      "Don't go around saying that the World owes you a living. The World owes
      you nothing. It was here first." - Mark Twain

      "There are two ways you can live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle;
      you can live as if everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein

    • Rob
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 14, 2013
        At 3/13/2013 10:48 PM,Mike VanPelt wrote:

        >It's a typical Class C, just short (21').
        >
        >Mike

        I can picture a roller (of some sort) the width of the canoe mounted
        to the rear edge of the RV & a pad to set on the ground to protect
        the part that rests there.
        You set one end on the roller and the other on the pad & get the canoe stable.
        Climb up on the roof and pull the canoe up using the roller as your
        helper until you have the canoe up.
        Strap it down to what ever type of mount you have decided on.

        I can't picture taking the canoe down yet ....

        This would all be easier if you had help but sometimes there is no
        one else <shrug>.

        Rob
        vwrobb@...
        Eisenhower warned us but they won anyway
      • ezzinger
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 14, 2013
          I have been trying to visualize a hinged step ladder or fold down step above rear bumper, mounted beside your canoe, which would provide steady footing while you manage the weight of the canoe over center balance-tip down to the ground. You would also need a hand hold for safety.
          You could place a bumper(pad)on tip of canoe so it can land anywhere on the ground, and the roller could also be removeable - mounted onto the canoe.
          Eric