Re: [classicrv] Re: need help with new battery

  • rduck44@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 25 , Mar 9, 2013
      Im glad I can go to "Farm and Fleet"  or "Fleet Farm"   and get any type of battery I need, designed and sold for the upper Midwest.
      I think there are some serious "cabin fever" issues out there ,must be the time of the year..
      Remember to reset those clocks tonight,,,,spring/summer will get here...

      Doug
      wisconsin hotrodford460Fleetwood

    • RogerD
      Message 2 of 25 , Mar 9, 2013
        You can also use a volt meter while cranking with the engine starter for 10-15 seconds. Ignition has to be disconnected, or use a remote starter switch with ignition off. Should not go below 9 volts for the test duration.

        --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, Steve Lane <dieselburner@...> wrote:

        > The only way that I know of to properly load test a battery is with a
        > carbon pile load and a test of the individual cells with a hydrometer.
        > Steve

      • RogerD
        Message 3 of 25 , Mar 9, 2013
          Miss not having the "farm & fleet" stores found in the Midwest! Nothing like that in most of the country. I am now near to the agricultural mega area in California that produces 60% of the produce for the country. The only things close are Tractor Supply stores that are very recent. Hill's Fleet Farm stores in Minnesota were as large as a Walmart Supercenter...10 times as large as Tractor Supply. They had their own automotive store, and the departments in the main store were as big as an independent business.

          --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "rduck44@..." <rduck44@...> wrote:

          > Im glad I can go to "Farm and Fleet"  or "Fleet Farm"   and get any type of battery I need, designed and sold for the upper Midwest.
          > I think there are some serious "cabin fever" issues out there ,must be the time of the year..
          > Remember to reset those clocks tonight,,,,spring/summer will get here...
          >
          > Doug
          > wisconsin hotrodford460Fleetwood

        • Bill Miller
          Message 4 of 25 , Mar 10, 2013
            Roger; I feel for you. I know what you mean, but if you LOOK diligently you can still find reputable service centers.
            The problem is that to many people just settle for less.

            mainiac bill

            Message 5 of 25 , Mar 10, 2013
              I was speaking more about general shopping at the "fleet & farm" stores more than just batteries. They are wonderstores that have all sorts of things you can't find elsewhere. As far as batteries are concerned, you should decide yourself where best to go. I would never again go to any place that only offers overpriced Interstate. Made that mistake going to National Tire & Battery, which used to sell Diehard. Could have gone to Sears for less, or to Walmart for even less.