Re: [classicrv] Re: Newbie to the group with an ugly duckling RV

  • Robert Nicholas
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 6, 2013
      From: Thomas Phetteplace <wildturkey62@...>
      To: "classicrv@yahoogroups.com" <classicrv@yahoogroups.com>
      Cc: "classicrv@yahoogroups.com" <classicrv@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Wednesday, March 6, 2013 8:49 AM
      Subject: Re: [classicrv] Re: Newbie to the group with an ugly duckling RV

      I have seen a couple of these . They were homebuilts . I have a popular mechanic's feature article in vintage 72 magazine .

      On Mar 5, 2013, at 5:25 PM, "ballscott50" mailto:ballscott50%40yahoo.com> wrote:

      > Hi George,
      >
      > Not sure if you still have this motorhome or not or where it might be, but I also have one. It's a 19 footer built on a ford chassis from a lari-del kit. I would like to send you a picture if I could but not sure how through yahoo. My email is mailto:theballjoint%40shaw.ca I would also love to see a pic of yours if you still have it.
      >
      > Scott
      > 604-855-3318
      >
      > --- In mailto:classicrv%40yahoogroups.com, "rocketradio2002" wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi all!
      > >
      > > My membership just got approved and thought I would introduce myself.
      > > My name is George and I live just south of Corvallis Oregon. Though
      > > I've been an old RV owner for about six years (Mobile Traveler), I
      > > just recently purchased a friends "Laridel" motorhome. Its a small
      > > 19 foot class A, that was a kit from a company in Gaston, Oregon.
      > > Its a strange looking rig, based on a Dodge 1 ton single axle with a
      > > 360 engine. Built very low profile to allow easy access without too
      > > much stepping up into the cab. I have all of the original
      > > documentation on the rig including the assembly manuals, but I havn't
      > > found anything on the net at all! I was wondering if any of the
      > > group might shed any more light on this rig. I'm pretty sure it was
      > > a mom and pop operation as the manuals speak of "Larry" and "Della"
      > > as the original kit developers, hence the name "Laridel". I'll
      > > attempt to post a picture in the group Photo area.
      > >
      > > George

    • Bill Miller
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 7, 2013
        I was originally going to just respond to the post about the "ugly duckling", but then I thought ,I have
        seen others post about not being able to send pictures on yahoo.
        Yahoo, does not normally allow pictures to be posted on groups email messages, actually it is the administrators/owners that set up the group this way;  but that is for another day.

        My message today is that if you can post pictures from your computer, you can post them to the group, but they have to go into an album on the group site. You CAN NOT post a picture directly onto or as an  attachment to an email. You MUST be on the group page and post it to an album on the group site.

        If you want to attach a picture to an email, it must go to an individual, and not through the group email.

        mainiac bill

        ________________________________
        I have seen a couple of these . They were homebuilts . I have a popular mechanic's feature article in vintage 72 magazine .

        On Mar 5, 2013, at 5:25 PM, "ballscott50" mailto:ballscott50%40yahoo.com> wrote:

        > Hi George,
        >
        > Not sure if you still have this motorhome or not or where it might be, but I also have one. It's a 19 footer built on a ford chassis from a lari-del kit. I would like to send you a picture if I could but not sure how through yahoo. My email is mailto:theballjoint%40shaw.ca I would also love to see a pic of yours if you still have it.
        >
        > Scott
        > 604-855-3318
        >
        > --- In mailto:classicrv%40yahoogroups.com, "rocketradio2002" wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi all!
        > >
        > > My membership just got approved and thought I would introduce myself.
        > > My name is George and I live just south of Corvallis Oregon. Though
        > > I've been an old RV owner for about six years (Mobile Traveler), I
        > > just recently purchased a friends "Laridel" motorhome. Its a small
        > > 19 foot class A, that was a kit from a company in Gaston, Oregon.
        > > Its a strange looking rig, based on a Dodge 1 ton single axle with a
        > > 360 engine. Built very low profile to allow easy access without too
        > > much stepping up into the cab. I have all of the original
        > > documentation on the rig including the assembly manuals, but I havn't
        > > found anything on the net at all! I was wondering if any of the
        > > group might shed any more light on this rig. I'm pretty sure it was
        > > a mom and pop operation as the manuals speak of "Larry" and "Della"
        > > as the original kit developers, hence the name "Laridel". I'll
        > > attempt to post a picture in the group Photo area.
        > >
        > > George

      • Rob
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 7, 2013
          Yes! What he said at