Re: Magic Chef oven won't stay on

  • RogerD
    Message 1 of 29 , Feb 22, 2013
      Will not hurt the RV oven, but might "cook" the toaster/convection oven. Likely OK if you have the RV oven door open or removed. Problem is size. My 22" Magic Chef is only 17" wide inside the oven, and my trusty Oster toaster oven is 19". Only a small cheapie toaster oven would fit, and would not require removing anything. The cheapie ones don't cook very well.

      I have used toaster ovens for many years in RV's and houses, usually in conjunction with a microwave for defrost and pre-cooking. Lighting up a full size oven is very wasteful for some things. The ultimate might be a microwave/convection oven. These are large and expensive in comparison, but take up less space than two appliances. Neat if you have the room.

      --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "D. Hammond" <dhammondtx@...> wrote:

      > Here's a question for you: Is it conceivable to take all the guts out of
      > the oven and put a "counter top" toaster/convection oven inside? I know
      > it has to have some clearance on a counter because it gets hot, but what
      > about in an oven?
      >
      > Just brainstorming...
      >
      > D. Hammond

    • Bill Miller
      Message 2 of 29 , Feb 22, 2013
        If it will fit inside the oven go for it. The only reason it needs space , is to dissipate the heat. But inside the oven cabinet they are made to take the heat.

        mainiac bill

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 29 , Feb 23, 2013
          I think it would a bit difficult trying to Cook that way - but why not just use your oven to store appliances till you need them?  I pulled out the all the guts of my '73 Aristocrat trailer stove and oven and never worry about cooking inside - get an extra fold up table to accommodate electric appliances outside -

          Dusty

          >________________________________

        • RogerD
          Message 4 of 29 , Feb 24, 2013
            A toaster oven small enough to fit inside most TV ovens is not going to get you much cooking utility...stored or used there. Small toaster ovens only heat small things without much control. I have a good one, and have used it every day for many years. Use outside? OK in balmy weather, but the pits when it is cold or stormy. I live full time in my trailer and would NOT want to go outside to warm something up!

            --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, dusty titus <dusty_titus@...> wrote:

            > I think it would a bit difficult trying to Cook that way - but why not just use your oven to store appliances till you need them?  I pulled out the all the guts of my '73 Aristocrat trailer stove and oven and never worry about cooking inside - get an extra fold up table to accommodate electric appliances outside -
            >
            > Dusty
            >

            > >________________________________

          • Dave S.
            Message 5 of 29 , Feb 24, 2013
              We have one of those Cuisinart Griddlers, cooks steak, chops and chicken
              in no time perfectly, can also be used for toasted sandwiches. Open it
              flat and you can cook bacon and eggs and with the optional plates it's a
              waffle maker. Almost eliminates the need for stove in an RV... <VBG>
              Deep Freeze Dave.
              On 2/24/2013 9:29 PM, RogerD wrote:
              > A toaster oven small enough to fit inside most TV ovens is not going to get you much cooking utility...stored or used there. Small toaster ovens only heat small things without much control. I have a good one, and have used it every day for many years. Use outside? OK in balmy weather, but the pits when it is cold or stormy. I live full time in my trailer and would NOT want to go outside to warm something up!
              >
              > --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, dusty titus <dusty_titus@...> wrote:
              >> I think it would a bit difficult trying to Cook that way - but why not just use your oven to store appliances till you need them? I pulled out the all the guts of my '73 Aristocrat trailer stove and oven and never worry about cooking inside - get an extra fold up table to accommodate electric appliances outside -
              >>
              >> Dusty

              My Railroad picture pages are at
              www.flickr.com/photos/des-productions
              Miscellaneous other pictures are at