marking oven knobs

  • Mike VanPelt
    Message 1 of 29 , Feb 18, 2013
      Elmer's, Krylon, and Sharpie make paint markers - Wally World and craft
      stores carry them. Opaque, glossy paint sticks to about anything and lasts
      far longer than White-out. Good for semi-permanent ID marking too.

      Mike

      "There are two ways you can live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle;
      you can live as if everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein

      "Dear Lord, please help me to be as good a person as my dog thinks I am" -
      bumper sticker

      Cindy & Mike VanPelt

      - Libby, Darcy, & Lucy

      Milwaukee, WI, USA

    • Dick
      Message 2 of 29 , Feb 20, 2013
        Down here they use white nail polish for timing marks and other things. Nicaragua.
        --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "Mike VanPelt" <mvp1114@...> wrote:

        > Elmer's, Krylon, and Sharpie make paint markers - Wally World and craft
        > stores carry them. Opaque, glossy paint sticks to about anything and lasts
        > far longer than White-out. Good for semi-permanent ID marking too.
        >

        > Mike

        > "There are two ways you can live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle;
        > you can live as if everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein
        >

        > "Dear Lord, please help me to be as good a person as my dog thinks I am" -
        > bumper sticker
        >
        > Cindy & Mike VanPelt
        >
        > - Libby, Darcy, & Lucy
        >
        > Milwaukee, WI, USA

      • D. Hammond
        Message 3 of 29 , Feb 22, 2013
          Here's a question for you: Is it conceivable to take all the guts out of
          the oven and put a "counter top" toaster/convection oven inside? I know
          it has to have some clearance on a counter because it gets hot, but what
          about in an oven?

          Just brainstorming...

          D. Hammond

        • RogerD
          Message 4 of 29 , Feb 22, 2013
            Will not hurt the RV oven, but might "cook" the toaster/convection oven. Likely OK if you have the RV oven door open or removed. Problem is size. My 22" Magic Chef is only 17" wide inside the oven, and my trusty Oster toaster oven is 19". Only a small cheapie toaster oven would fit, and would not require removing anything. The cheapie ones don't cook very well.

            I have used toaster ovens for many years in RV's and houses, usually in conjunction with a microwave for defrost and pre-cooking. Lighting up a full size oven is very wasteful for some things. The ultimate might be a microwave/convection oven. These are large and expensive in comparison, but take up less space than two appliances. Neat if you have the room.

            --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "D. Hammond" <dhammondtx@...> wrote:

            > Here's a question for you: Is it conceivable to take all the guts out of
            > the oven and put a "counter top" toaster/convection oven inside? I know
            > it has to have some clearance on a counter because it gets hot, but what
            > about in an oven?
            >
            > Just brainstorming...
            >
            > D. Hammond

          • Bill Miller
            Message 5 of 29 , Feb 22, 2013
              If it will fit inside the oven go for it. The only reason it needs space , is to dissipate the heat. But inside the oven cabinet they are made to take the heat.

              mainiac bill

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 29 , Feb 23, 2013
                I think it would a bit difficult trying to Cook that way - but why not just use your oven to store appliances till you need them?  I pulled out the all the guts of my '73 Aristocrat trailer stove and oven and never worry about cooking inside - get an extra fold up table to accommodate electric appliances outside -

                Dusty

                >________________________________

              • RogerD
                Message 7 of 29 , Feb 24, 2013
                  A toaster oven small enough to fit inside most TV ovens is not going to get you much cooking utility...stored or used there. Small toaster ovens only heat small things without much control. I have a good one, and have used it every day for many years. Use outside? OK in balmy weather, but the pits when it is cold or stormy. I live full time in my trailer and would NOT want to go outside to warm something up!

                  --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, dusty titus <dusty_titus@...> wrote:

                  > I think it would a bit difficult trying to Cook that way - but why not just use your oven to store appliances till you need them?  I pulled out the all the guts of my '73 Aristocrat trailer stove and oven and never worry about cooking inside - get an extra fold up table to accommodate electric appliances outside -
                  >
                  > Dusty
                  >

                  > >________________________________

                • Dave S.
                  Message 8 of 29 , Feb 24, 2013
                    We have one of those Cuisinart Griddlers, cooks steak, chops and chicken
                    in no time perfectly, can also be used for toasted sandwiches. Open it
                    flat and you can cook bacon and eggs and with the optional plates it's a
                    waffle maker. Almost eliminates the need for stove in an RV... <VBG>
                    Deep Freeze Dave.
                    On 2/24/2013 9:29 PM, RogerD wrote:
                    > A toaster oven small enough to fit inside most TV ovens is not going to get you much cooking utility...stored or used there. Small toaster ovens only heat small things without much control. I have a good one, and have used it every day for many years. Use outside? OK in balmy weather, but the pits when it is cold or stormy. I live full time in my trailer and would NOT want to go outside to warm something up!
                    >
                    > --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, dusty titus <dusty_titus@...> wrote:
                    >> I think it would a bit difficult trying to Cook that way - but why not just use your oven to store appliances till you need them? I pulled out the all the guts of my '73 Aristocrat trailer stove and oven and never worry about cooking inside - get an extra fold up table to accommodate electric appliances outside -
                    >>
                    >> Dusty

                    My Railroad picture pages are at
                    www.flickr.com/photos/des-productions
                    Miscellaneous other pictures are at